"Cubase 9 only supports 64-bit plug-ins"

Sylenth is available as a 64 Bit plugin.

And it has the much improved new menu system for loading banks and patches in Sylenth1 V3

I suggest trying out iZotope Trash 2 which has these options and more, can be gotten cheap and comes as VST3.

Agreed about Trash 2. Man the fact that it can be bought so cheap and is still not considered a must-have for everybody blows my mind. I think maybe Izotope doesn’t get the credit they deserve because they devalue their plugins by offering constant, enormous discounts.

I appreciate the suggestion :smiley: Cyanide was out long before Trash was. Been using Cyanide for 10 years. That’s why I have not considered Trash. Never needed another destructor plug.

EDIT: interesting news… Bram open the source code:

When Steinberg has dropped the feature of importing projects of Cubase VST (*.all) as of Cubase 4 while the feature didn’t actually need any maintenance and could easily be just kept as is, their strategy has become quite clear: long-term compatibility is unfortunately not what they care about.

Kind of agree with you. I do keep a copy of SX3 on my machine so I can open old songs. I do plan on converting them to 8.5 then render out all tracks as audio. (With and without signal chains)

Since Steinberg announced months ago that 9 would not support 32 bit plugins, I have whittled down my 32 bit plugins.

Worse case for me is all the old sample tank / sampletron, samplemoog and sonic synthetic plugins. Ik multimedia updated the free 64bit sampletank 3 plugin to allow importing these libraries, so I can use the sounds going forwards.

Regarding 32 Lives - I’m trying to look at the trial but so far not a great experience.

Initial setup hangs at this point, and I cannot click on OK or Cancel. If I try to reboot my Mac, the dialog stays on the screen and I have to force-power off.

I’ve opened a ticket with Sound Radix, but has anyone else seen this during 32 Lives setup?

(Yes I am running the latest iLok License Manager)

Edit - I’ve removed the Alchemist plugin and setup has continued. Looks like it was an old version anyway. Still should be able to interact with modal dialogs however…

It was kinda nice on 8 to natively have 32bit support. But I am impressed with how jbridge is doing. Some I have are 10+ year old unsupported plugins and am having no issues. Works perfect.

Sylenth is 64 bit…

My only problem is Miroslav Philarmonik. I used to rely on it a lot.

When they say “At your own risk”, what is the worst scenario ?

Thanks
Richard André Desjardins for Studio Ryde

It might not work and in that case they won’t help you. It might break in a future version.

I just bought Sonivox Film Score Companion. Makes a greater job than Miroslav in many ways.

Maybe it is time to upgrade to MP2. Works great here.

Regsrds. :sunglasses: