I recently bought a new motherboard, processor and ram’s. I installed the same Windows 7 pro version I’ve using for years and even though the computer is completely clean with only Cubase, my Universal Audio soundcard drivers installed, Cubase crashes when it tries to initialize the VST Mixer in startup. I’ve never had this problem so I’m very confused.
This is my setup:
OS: Windows 7 professional 64bit
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1
RAM: 2x16Gb Corsair Vengance
Processor: Intel i7 Core 7800X 12 threads
Sound: Universal Audio Apollo Quad firewire
I’ve tried this:
- open cubase in safe mode and disable/delete preferences, did’nt work
- Updated e-licenser to the latest version, didn’t work
- Renamed the Cubase 9 Pro folder in Appdata/Roaming/Steinberg to reinitialize the preferences, didn’t work
- Disconnected my UAD soundcard and took all UAD plugins out from the VST folders, the reinitialized, didn’t work.
- Ive re-installed the computer and still it doesn’t work
- I also called the Steinberg support in Hamburg yesterday and even they didn’t know.
I’ve seen several people saying they had problem with Cubase crashing in startup but most of those cases seems to be when Cubase tries to initialize a plugin that are blacklisted. In my case it has to do with the VST Mixer, NOT the plugins.
If anyone has any advice how to fix this please let me know…this is very frustrating!! Been trying to fix this for a week now.
Thank you very much! Cubase forever