Cubase 9 ...

Well, gave it a try.

1. Performance… Sorry- not improved- sampletank piano+ groove agent drums + sample tank bass+ … Same project in C8 worked better.
  2. Actually I liked the lower zone.
  3. Older vst’s don’t work. Even with jbridge. Sorry… you may laugh at 32 bit but I’ve put a lot of money and time into searching and buying various instruments- effects. Like we all I guess. Lot of them discontinued but still do their job.
  4. Midi timing seemed to be better.
  5. Grooves, sample track and stuff… Not for me.

Actually I liked C9 but can’t use it because a lot of good (and not so good) plugins I use are lost- 272 to be percise.

Sounds like you are using plugins made with Synthedit. I wonder when if ever they will move this up to current vst standard.

The virtual studios that DAWs allow us to create in our computers offer tremendous benefits in terms of cost & capabilities. But a major downside is some tools become unusable not because they break (like hardware) but because they become obsolete and can’t interact our other tools. Trying to hang on to them can be a loosing battle in the long run. Sometimes its best to let them go while maintaining a way to deal with their legacy use such as maintaining some older versions of Cubase or rendering tracks.