Cubase A - Z Tutorials

Hello Folks,

Just assembling a ‘Cubase 5 A - Z’ sequence of tutorials. If interested, have a look at ‘A = Amp Simulator’ by clicking my signature link below, then just follow the link at the foot of the page that states CLICK HERE.

The file size is around 4mb so it might take a moment or two to load in a slow browser.

Have fun.

Just updated the A- Z of Cubase 5. Another A category. This time Apogee UV22.
Same CLICK HERE link on the home page takes you there from my link below.

Have a great new year. Don’t get too sober !!!
:slight_smile:

I’ll shortly be starting to write a drum programming guide using custom maps, beat designer, drum editor, GAO and BFD2, as it seems a LOT of people have problems getting to grips with it, it is a little long-winded and a bit confusing at first but once you understand it all it’s pretty straight forward and VERY powerful. It’s going to be fairly in-depth so it’s going to take me a while, will post in here when it’s done if that’s ok?

Thanks for making the effort, Mat. I checked out the amp sim video.
I look forward to seeing more.

Lenny

Yeah i figured it was about someone had a go at some kind of near ‘definitive’ guide to it all, obviously it won’t cater for every drum plugin on the market but the theory is pretty common from what i have seen.
I was intending to do it in text form but video would be a much better option for me, do you use screen capture software and if so what sort? failing that i’ll have to con a mate into doing some camera work for me.

It’s also a good thing to do anyway personally as in order to put it all across in a coherent way you have to think about exactly what you’re doing so it kind of reaffirms it all in your own mind :smiley:

No, wish I could help, but sorry- I don’t. Good luck with your efforts!

Sorry for the confusion. I made the Amp Sim tutorial as part of the CUBASE A - Z guide.

If you need help with the screen capture, let me know.

Hi Mat,

Got your PM message and replied.

See you later.

snag it software works well for screen capture, link below

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/default.asp?gclid=CLSvrKiskqYCFQRubAodGBuypQ

Michael

Great idea for an A-Z tutorial. How do I view the ones I missed, i.e., amp simulator?

Happy New Year…
Michael

Hello,
I’ll re-upload the AmpSim tutorial tomorrow.
Cheers

OK, as requested, both sampler movies are now available from the link below.
As I build up a few more, I’ll repost.

Have a great new year folks - don’t get too sober!!!

Very well done. This is quite a task you have put upon yourself.

Hey, we’re getting close to 2011…Happy New Year

Here you go… Here is the first of the videos i have planned, thanks wodehouse for all the help mate!
Hopefully they will increase in quality as they go on but i think this one get the point across fairly well.

I hope some of you find it useful!
In the next one i’ll be showing people what drum maps are used for, initially with GAO and then hopefully BFD2 as well, i’ll also be doing one or two on programming tips and tricks, how to make things groove and how to give your choruses and solos a bit of a lift.

Enjoy!

Absolutley fabulous - well done Sir.

And another one for the collection… this time about beat programming with beat designer and GAO

Nicely done. I learned a lot from both videos. I am looking forward to the next.

As I’m following your tutorials I am becoming more interested in creating more relevant drum tracks. I am presently restricted to GM midi and Cubase Essential which does not include all the nice sounds you demonstrate in your tutorial.

The question is, without upgrading, no extra $, how do I get those files? Not the CB5 files specifically. If I were to load sound font files (.SF) where would they go, or are they some other type file?

Michael

Soundfonts are an entirely different file type mate although they do contain wav files if my distant memory is correct… i’ve not used them for over ten years now. you may be able to extract the audio data but that would depend on any licence for the particular soundfont file in question. you can get various soundfont player vst plugins, a few of which are freeware on the net if you have a bit of a google.
You can get drum sounds from all over the place mate… be creative! you can also sample hardware such as drum machines, keyboards, real drums etc or anything that makes a sound. I’ve built up a collection over the years of sounds from various bits of kit i’ve owned or hired or friends have, also you can buy collections of ‘construction kits’ from various places too.
Lots of magazines give away cover discs too that have a load of samples on them every month.
Most of the sounds you heard on the videos i did are from my korg trinity, roland jv1080 and a roland td20k.