Cubase AI 7.0.8 64-bit Asio driver could not be selected

I have a Yamaha MOXF8 and installed the following software on my Windows 7 64-bit OS:

• Cubase AI 7.0.8 64-bit

• Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.9.0 64-bit

• Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF6 Remote Tools 1.0.1 64-bit

When I connect the keyboard to my computer, I can access settings for the Yamaha Asio driver. When I start Cubase, the Yamaha Asio driver is available for selection. But after that I get an error that says “the driver could not be selected.” And the VST Audio System displays no ASIO drivers.

I don’t believe there is any other device using this Asio driver. I can verify this by running a “driverquery /V” command from the command window. Before I connect the keyboard, this driver’s status is stopped and becomes started after the keyboard is connected. I did a full scan of my hard drive for viruses/trojans, and nothing came up.

No matter which angle I try I cannot find out a solution. How does Cubase determine that a driver cannot be selected at start up time? What are the reasons that might cause this and what other areas do you recommend I look into? I really do not prefer to reinstall my OS to fix this issue.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated as I am making zero progress. I searched internet inside out for a week and could not come up with anything tangible either.

I’m looking for an answer here as well. I’m using Windows 7 64bit on a lappie and purchased a UR44. After installing the latest UR44 tools with driver and Cubase AI 7, when you go to launch Cubase it complains after you select the UR44 driver by saying “driver could not be selected”. I tried the same installation on a Windows 8.1 laptop and had no problems with Cubase. Why does this happen only on Windows 7 64bit? I can post more specific details on the specific version of driver, Cubase and Windows if required.