Cubase AI 9 Stuck on 'Initializing: VST Audio System'

PM sent!

I am having almost the same issue. I installed Cubase AI 9 LE that came with my UR22mkII. Everything worked the first time. Today, I booted it up again and it told me the license was not installed properly due to permissions issues or something like that and to run the license tool with administrator tools.

When it was working before, I had already installed the new USB driver from Yamaha.

I tried running the Cubase itself as administrator instead of the license tool. Then it started trying to reinstall the Yamaha USB driver and hung on “Preparing to Install”. I tried cancelling the installation and it hung on cancelling. Then I rebooted.

Then I tried running the license tool as administrator and it told me the license had already been used so I was SOL.

Then I tried running the Cubase again, not as administrator I think, and it started trying to install the Yamaha driver again and hung again.

So here I am.

Next I will try to reinstall the Yamaha driver manually and report back.

• Mike

Hey guys - the same problem I just experienced as well after I updated my windows 10 insider preview build to 16251.0 rs3. There was just necessary to reinstall the Steinberg Yamaha driver, nothing else, no reset of preferences needed (using THR10 as well). RME Fireface drivers were not necessary to reinstall …

… guys I´m really happy, first time I experienced it I had to go back to previous insider build but after that you will start to face different problems such as problems with smaple rate sync between rme and thr and so on - project related problems … hoh, lucky MAC users :slight_smile: … but thats our way, our decision to use the XSYSDK!!! Windows :slight_smile:

so FIXED thanks for all important ideas. Cheeers nad have a happy time with music.

… one more thing, never forget after any massacristic/important/huge windows 10 update to run as an administrator the elicencer control center and force the maitenance tasks before first run of the cubase 9 pro. You will avoid another problems with start of the cubase system …

Thank you so much MFoist!

Had the same issue right after the latest April 2018 Windows spring update yesterday (in June?) Had to run the e-licence repair on my USB key, and then followed your instruction to delete the existing USB driver and reinstall. Cubase 9.5 Elements fired right back up normally.