Cubase AI LE Elements 10.5.20 Mixdown Audio Problem

In the meantime, I will try removing the USB e Licenser from one USB port to another and till,… perhaps you will come up with a solution.

Thanks a lot anyway. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I was reading your other post again, now. Eve though the description is the very same, I got different perspective. :slight_smile:
Yo wrote:

What exactly is the “first time” here, please? What happens if you restart computer? Does it work for the first time after the restart?

Once you quit Cubase, can you start macOS Activity Monitor… Can you see the Synsopos process there? If yes, could you try to kill it and start Cubase again? Does it help?

Or, could you try to start eLCC first, keep it running, then start Cubase, quit Cubase and start Cubase again (with keeping eLCC running), please?

Good morning,
Richard18 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm
Upon opening Cubase Ai the first time, it opens well .
What exactly is the “first time” here, please? What happens if you restart computer? Does it work for the first time after the restart?

— Turning on the Mac, do a eLCC maintenance, & open Cubase, it works fine (most of the time, coz, I have been turning on, off, doing different methods,
I am in a rather confuse state now :slight_smile: )

Richard18 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm
However , after exiting Cubase… and whenever I try to open Cubase AI again,
it prompts me with e License Control error.
Once you quit Cubase, can you start macOS Activity Monitor… Can you see the Synsopos process there? If yes, could you try to kill it and start Cubase again? Does it help?
– I have never open macOS Activity before, neither knows what to do with it.
I followed your steps above, and "quit Synsopos under Memory & Disk…No it did not help.

Or, could you try to start eLCC first, keep it running, then start Cubase, quit Cubase and start Cubase again (with keeping eLCC running), please?

— I run eLCC and leave it open, & try open Cubase,unable… it comes up an ERROR below

Hi Martin,

It has became worst now.

I have just deleted Cubase Ai10 & eLLc completely.
Doing a fresh download using Steinberg Download assistant.

This time I don t move anything on my Mac, simply letting
Cubase download fully.

As I just noticed a note,
Stating not to switch to another product while
Downloads are running.

Hi,

I can’t see any USB-eLicenser listed here.

Naturally is shows empty, because it is not working, This is done when if I leave eLCC on while opening Cubase.

If I removed the USB, insert it back, do a maintenance, and Cubase will open well.

After reinstalling Cubase AI 10.5.20 ,.followed up with an eLCC maintenance, register again, all license shows up well and Cubase
open up smoothly. However , the same issue arises when I exit Cubase and reopen.

Hi,

Could you try following…

Do whatever you know it works to get the license present on the USB-eLicenser (restart the computer or reinstall eLCC…). Then start eLCC first. Keep it running. Start Cubase. Quit Cubase. Keep eLCC running. Start Cubase what happens, please?

Btw, isn’t your USB-eLicense damaged?

I have done all the above.

Is my USB e License damaged? Don t think so, coz it works and display all my license . ???

Do you mean, when I do ELCC maintenance and after all my license are showed followed by keeping it open and
open Cubase , if it fails, does that mean my USB is “Kaput” ?

What was the result, then, please? What was the result of A, of B…? Could you be more specific, please? I try to help. If you will not answer the questions, we cannot move on.

But only for a while. Then it stops, maybe it’s disconnected or some error happens. Maybe it’s damaged.

Good morning Martin,
This is what happens as requested:
1/ Turn on MAC
2/ Do eLCC Maintenance ,- all License showed on display.
3/ leave eLCC on & open Cubase AI
4/ eLCC view change to searching with empty in the License box, over some time ,
Cubase at Media bay, an Error from eLCC appears as below. ( Application "LCC2 has caused the following error)

• Connection to device lost"

5/ Click Retry… same Error > eLCC window shows empty and searching
6/ Force quit Cubase ,…eLCC still open and showing "Searching with empty in the license box.
7/ Open Cubase 2nd time, with eLCC still open and in searching mode . after awhile, eLCC shows
" No valid License found.The program will quit now. (See attached foot)

8/ Click OK, and soon eLCC ERROR shows ; Application "Media Service "has caused the following error>,
An Unknown inter application communication error occurred. In case of problem persist, please close all
application and restart your computer.
(See attached)

9/ Click OK , with eLCC still showing “searching mode” with Cubase move to" initializing VST mixer" and remains there for
a long time…
10/ "Force quit Cubase and eLCC.

To be continued after I have restart my MAC.
Tks

Part two
1/ Start Mac, Open eLCC - run maintenance ( all license appeared) , leave eLCC open
2/ Start Cubase, - running in Safe mode and Cubase opens and runs well.
3/ Exit Cubase,… reopen Cubase ,with Error "Application Cubase LE 10.5 plug in Set has caused the following error.
The Soft eLicenser threw an unknown exception

• Noticed in eLCC , license Cubase AI has extra sentence " Application Intances:2"

Is this a sign of faulty USB eLicenser ?

If so, what are the options for me to rectify? I have read eLCC that I cannot transfer m USB License to an eLicense, however
Vice versa is possible.

Restart MAC
1/ Maintenance eLCC ( all license appear ) leaving eLCC on, open Cubase
Prompt with Safe mode and Cubase opens well and work.
2/ Exit Cubase, re open Cubase and same problem arise

Hi,

I just got another idea… What about all these Apple security stuff?

Make sure the very latest eLCC version is installed. Is Cubase allowed to control eLCC application in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy, as described here, please?

Once you installed the eLCC, did the system ask you for some Privacy & Security allowing? Did you allow it?

One more idea… Could you try to make another user account on your system? Does it work here?

Good morning,
1/ I reinstall latest eLCCC Ver 6.12.4.1276,
2/ Ran maintenance , all License appear
3/ Open Cubase, eLcc show “READING” , and Cubase stuck at Media Bay with same ERROR from eLCC.

4/ When I install eLCC there is no request / error etc from Apple Security/Privacy. It just installed smoothly.

5/ Try new user,…USB eLCC license all missing.

6/ Shut down MAC and open Mac with new user again, . Run eLCC maintenance, all license REAPPEAR.
7/ Start Cubase, same " problem" appear.

Tks for your kind patience & assistant, Martin, …BUT I am also loosing my nerves and patience.

FYI, I am in contact with Yamaha here in my country, they have responded and requested for a screenshot of my USB License,
which I have given last week. And I am still waiting for solution…

Seriously, we cannot go on like this on this FORUM.

I require One to one helpdesk to solve this issue once and for all.
Thank you

Hi,

Could you try to install some of the older eLCC, for example eLicenser Control Center 6.11.10.2272?

Hi Martin,
I already did that, same problem.

Just now, I deleted all eLicenser CC and Cubase Ai 10.5.20.

1/ Reinstall Cubase as new. run maintenance, Cubase open perfectly… quickly did some small work and saved on different SSD.
2/ Exit Cubase,notices eLicenser CC appear in MAC os folder, I ejected.
3/ Open Cubase and all fail again.
4/ Force quit all. restart Mac, run Maintenance ( all license appear ), try to open Cubase, BUT fail.

BTW, FYI
I installed Cubase Ai 10.5.20 on another PC of mine running on Windows 10 64bit. Plug in my USB e Licenser
all run well.

Exit and return to open Cubase, it opens smoothly.

Exit, shut off my PC.
Turn on PC, and open Cubase, ALL works so smooth and well.
( This tells me that my USB e Licenser is working well. )

Perhaps with the above, surely there is something to do with Mac Catalina ?? with Steinberg ??

aa/ May I ask is there other similiar user facing the same problem ?

Many tks

I tried again the process:
1/ uninstalled eLCC 6.12.4.1276
2/ installed eLCC 6.11.10.2272 , run maintenance, Cubase fail with “Application Synsopos.app could not be started…”

3/ exit, reboot. delete eLCC 6.11.10.2272.
4/ install eLCC 6.12.4.1276, run maintenance, open Cubase,Cubase opens well.
This time again I notice in the HD view, eLCC is attached as a HD among my 2 HD in my Mac.(See attached).
5/ Leaving this eLCC alone,… I can open /exit Cubase a few times without any problem.

6/ Exit Cubase, Reboot my MAC,
7/ Cubase unable to open again with same error.
Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 3.50.05 PM.png