Cubase and i7-6900K O.C or not?

Well clearly the person moaning about load times isn’t loading disabled tracks!

I run a laptop with an 6820HK processor that overclocks. The thing to consider with overclocking is if you have sufficient cooling or not. Also you can do things like overclock a single core vs the entire processor. With every cpu the faster you run it the less life you’ll get out of the processor. Depending on how often you replace your computer that may not be an issue but if you plan to keep the PC for 5+ years I would advise against running continuously at an overclocked frequency on the processor except when you need to. BTW, overclocking is a trivial process and isn’t something that’s complicated. As far as Cubase goes the biggest performance issue I have isn’t the processor but the latency on my audio interface. If your running large sample libraries you need to focus on as much ram and as the fastest hard drives you can get instead of cpu clock speed.

In regards to the 960 I would run it in the M2 slot and not do any wacky PCI slot crap. Yes the 960 has a few issues with getting optimum speed but honestly it’s so fast that you won’t notice if it isn’t running at full speed. I have a 950 m2 that runs at its proper speed and a 960 m2 that is running at a slower speed and honestly I can’t tell the difference.