cubase and roland vdrums?

What is the reason you don’ t simply try it?

Guess what those faders in Cubase are for? You can make things louder that are too soft, and you cam turn things down that are too loud.
As for the lag, you probably have plugins with a high plugin delay loaded on the other tacks…!?

right

the faders were all pretty low as is, i was wondering more if there is internal volume feeds per drum in the roland, which i need to check

in that the snare was fine, the hi hats were lost, one time was fine one was to low etc

that is not going to be fixed with the faders in cubase on other tracks, which had already been adjusted quite a bit

some here were very versed in the roland with cubase and i was wondering what their internal Roland module volume, per drum setups might have been? do you have the Roland kit and can you answer that by chance?

and yes i am lookiing in the manual, and yes i am on the vdrums forum and yes i am watching youtube videos

i cam back due to the fact that some were a ton of help here and had the roland stuff, hence why i am asking after having finally recording and using the setup they helped with

In the immortal words of Bill Murray… “Ned, I could just talk here all day. But I’m not going to.” But this is the bare bones of what you need to study:

1. When I first got V-Drums I had the same issue of ‘quietness’. By default, the velocity curves of various Superior kits are geared for -keyboard-; not -drums-. A keyboarder covers a -much- wider range of velocities than yer typical drummer. Get on the Superior support line and there are programs which tweak this more for drums. OR, crack yer V-Drums manual and you will see that you can alter the trigger sensitivity so the MIDI output better fits yer playing style. AND crack yer Superior menu and learn about the mixer… and how to tweak the output levels of various drums. There’s as much tweaking as one does with a real kit.

2. I run @ 256 samples… which is like 6ms and that should be no problem unless yer one of those Eric Johnson types who claim to hear 1ms. :smiley: If yer getting -really- noticeable delays, the first thing to consider is PDC. Turn on the Constrain Delay button and try again.

Remember when I said this might take a few days? :smiley:

—JC

that’s great info!

i didn’t realize they might be geared more for keys but that makes sense cause i pounded out some stuff on the kronos and it was fine, same kit etc

yeah on the symphony with the thunderbolt connection i think i can get 32 buffer if needed, but 64 was solid. i did hear some delay though and was wondering if it was because i was at the end of near 20 some feet on the USB cable?, more so than the buffer setting, probably not i guess

thats the info i was looking for. i was loving the sound of the New York 3 kit in SD2 though, it was really nice

gonna keep at it. on a side note the cubase ipad app is sweet! it makes using the drums so far away so much nicer, and i can dial in a mix on it as well

thanks for the help!

Sorry to resurrect my old thread but I am having some major issues trying to get the TD15KV and EX drummer 2 in cubase 8.0.5 on an IMAC going (3.4 ghz quad, 32 gigs ram, 1Tb SSD drive)

I loaded the driver and in cubase on an instrument track i have the TD15 on midi input and the EZD2 on the output, and it plays and records

I fed 2 cables out of my symphony 2x6 to a headphone amp i have and i plug my headphones into it

i have cubase on 32 buffers and its a mess

i cant remember how i did this but it was never very clear or without some lag

I knwo alot of people use these kits in cubase and they have crystal clear recording in their headphones, mine is laggy and distorted and the drums are buried and even the song is bad sounding

do you guys feed your analog outs to an headphone amp and put your headphones in there?

i thought some of you did it all in the TD module? i cannot get that to work at all and i cant see an analog in on my module

sorry again to resurrect this but i really need to get my own drumming going again and it s a mess

to summarize

TD Module USB out to IMac
instrumetn track, all outputs in EZD2 and in cubase set
on track TD 15 in midi input
EZD2 in midi ouput

feed 2 analgo cables out of my apogee symphony to a headphone amp at the drums
headphone plugged in here as well

click record and drums are buried, and laggy even at 32 buffers in cubase

tried to find an analog in on the TD module to get rid of the headphone amp all together so everything would be thru the TD module and be crystal clear, but i cannot find a 1/4 in input

argh. looked for videos, been to toontrack, re read this thread, and you guys were the most helpful

if you have time and can help me start from srcatch that woudl be great

thanks