Cubase Appearance - anyone got a darker version?

Hi,
has anyone got instructions on how to get the Cubase appearance a bit darker like Logic or the Adobe Suite?

I’ve looked anywhere but couldn’t find anything.

I could try myself but don’t wanna screw things up.

Hi,

The main color is Preferences > Appearance > Colors > General > Focus Zone Background, and Preferences > Appearance > Colors > Project > Project Work Area Color.

Thank you.

I spent a few hours over the weekend and managed to pretty much copy the Logic Pro X colours over to Cubase 9. I love it. Looks so much nicer.

Share a screenshot, please. :wink:

Multiple default palettes wouldn’t be a bad idea for 9.5.

It’s probably not 100% right but here’s the screenshot. I prefer it a lot.

I tried to get the overall DAW colours right and I also tried to match the default track colours. I also imported the Logic Project colours palette file I found here on the forum.

Very nice! SB should do a dark theme like in WL9

Nice! Can you share screenshots of the color palette(s) in the preferences so I can copy this? <3

I attached the settings I’m using. You might be able to tweak it better than I did.
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 21.17.46.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 21.17.54.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 21.18.07.png

you’ll need this one too
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 21.17.38.png

Thanks for this.

I like the look and will give it a shot.

IMHO, Cubase should provide a set of skins, at least two, a light version and a dark version.

There are so many values to a full set of Cubase Colors; working out a well-designed set is beyond me. I’ve seen some advanced users demonstrating how the color sets can be extended and perhaps one day I’ll attempt that. That said, a good set of skins would be a welcome, if cosmetic, addition.

Totally agree.

Give us a nice darker one like Logic or Adobe and then a few others we can just select from the Preferences.
Would be easy to do and a great feature.

The darker one I made is much easier on the eyes. For me anyway.

+1
(Wavelab, for example, has light, dark and black display themes which are helpful)

Hi. I know it’s a little late by you can download my preference file here to make it darker. I have one for Cubase 10 also Cubase 10 Dark Mode Theme , Free Instant Download!