Cubase Artist 10.5 Windows Persistant Crashing

Hello,

I’ve been using a completely new setup with Cubase Artist 10.5 for a couple weeks. Suddenly a couple days ago, it’s started crashing very badly. I trouble shot as much as I could. Due to a suggestion I saw elsewhere on this forum, I disabled the NVIDIA graphics driver in favor of the generic Microsoft one. The results were markedly good yesterday. It has stabilized, but I’ve just experienced a similar kind of crash and I’m out of ideas as to what other software conflicts there might be. I’d appreciate any help I can get. I have projects to complete on a deadline and I’m freaking out a little.

To anticipate, I don’t see any .dmp files generated in the past week. Otherwise I’d post them. Not sure what’s going on there.

Specs:

Audio Interface: Steinberg UR22

USB 3 Hub: Plugable UD 3900

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LAPTOP-PB6LQ9IO
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model ROG Strix G531GT_GL531GT
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. G531GT.305, 9/24/2019

Also I’ve been using IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonic 2 while the crashes have happened.

Thanks again for your attention.

Hi and welcome,

IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonic 2 is quite old product. Is it still compatible with Cubase? Is it VST2.4 or higher?

Please attach *.dmp file(s) to be able to resolve and have a look, where the crash happened.

Hi and thank you for the prompt response.

I may have located and resolved the issue. I suspect the particular file I’d been using to replicate and reproduce the crashes after disabling the NVIDIA graphics driver may have been corrupted as it was saved before I made that fix. So I opened and played around with another midi-heavy Philharmonik project with no bad consequences. I also migrated the midi information from the possibly corrupted file to a fresh project and haven’t had a crash yet.

I was able to create a .dmp file. Would you mind still looking at it to possible confirm my guess here?

*the forum interface is telling me the .dmp file I generated from the task manager when I had to force quit is too large. Is there another way I can get it to you? I’m attempting to drag and drop it. Forgive if I’m missing a better way to attach it.

Thanks again,
Ariel.

This .dmp is enormous. Almost 9 gigs. Is that normal?

At any rate, I’m uploading it to a google drive to share with you if that’s what it’ll take.

I got another crash. I created a dump file, but it’s also very big and I’m not sure what to do.

Sorry to spam. I found the Steinberg crash dumps. Here’s the most recent:

Hi,

Unfortunately the DMP file is corrupted somehow. Do you have other one, please?