Cubase Artist 10 re-install has gone wrong, I'm now locked out. Can I save it without having to start all over again?

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 and re-installed Cubase Artist 10 and all my plugins.

On my previous install everything was working correctly. Everything that needs to be registered at MySteinberg, is.

Anyway, I’m not entriely sure what I did wrong this time round, but it appears I may have accidentally opted to try out the Cubase 10 Pro demo instead. Upon installation I’m met with 3 options, Cubase 10 Pro, Cubase 10 Artist, or License Activation. License Activation fails saying it’s already been registered. I thought that perhaps this countdown was only relevant to Pro and that when the timer runs out, it will simply revert back to Artist and will validate itself through my dongle instead of some kind of temporary license. It has not. I cannot get back in to Cubase at all now. It simply tells me that my Cubase 10 Pro license has expired.

Is there a way to revert this back to Artist without having to remove everything and then re-installing?

I have noticed that I now have an empty soft e-licenser in my MySteinberg account along with my valid USB elicenser containing my Cubase Artist 10 activation. (I only have 1 activation, I don’t own any other Steinberg software)

If it is not possible to revert this back and I’ll have to re-install Cubase, will I have to go through all the hassle of re-downloading all my plugins again too? Or can I simply copy all the relevant dll files in my VST folder and then copy these in to the newly created VST folder when I re-install Cubase?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Your license is stored on the USB-eLicenser. So you don’t have to take care about the missing Soft-eLicenser number.

What exactly is shown now, when you start Cubase? Do you still get these 3 options available? If yes, then simply choose Cubase Artist. I think it will takes 30 days to asking you, if you want to try Cubase Pro. As far as I know, there is Preferences, where you can switch it off. Probably in General tab(?).

If you would reinstall Cubase, you wouldn’t need to install all plug-ins again.