Cubase Artist 11.0.20 Build 371 - Muting and Sounding a reference track while mixing!

Is it possible to solo a reference track without the reference track being processed by a project that has plugins loaded on the master bus? The master out. I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Thank you!

An option is to put the project through to a group channel and move the master effects onto that group then send that group to the master channel and the reference to the master channel which has the effects removed

Maybe in Audio Connections menu add another bus for output.
Assign the same physical outputs as in master bus and then in the project route
your reference to that out.

I will look into your replies til things further. I have a RME Babyface Pro FS maybe that would simplify for you all to help?

The answers wouldn’t change for the interface unless you wanted to use different physicals outputs which I don’t think you need to achieve the result. I have the Babyface Pro fs as well.

Easiest way to do this is send that reference mix to a cue output. Use control room to add a cue output.
Now you have a button that flips your monitors to the cue out - easy and clean…

MaxNorm… He’s on Artist so no control room
Good suggestion though

FLANGER

If you add another output for the reference track, wouldn’t you need to keep switching in Audio Connections back and forth to the projects out in order to monitor the signal?

MLOK You can set the reference track’s out to the Group Track and set the Group Track to any of my three out’s according to my Audio Interface but in order to compare between The Project’s outs and and the reference it’s kinda i would need to change HOW i monitor on my audio interface. Woundn’t you?

Read further below if you want.

If none of you are sure how the topic question can be answered for sure. You’re left in the cold as well.

No one here mix references in Artist without having to turn off your master out via inserts? Every time you need to here a compaison between the Reference Track and Your Mix?

No easy way that I can think of except upgrade to pro and use control room - I cannot do without it personally…

Like i said i have an RME Babyface Pro FS and the interface has multiple outs.

Control Room is not needed. For mix referencing in a songs project, add two separate outs, then create a stereo track and import your reference track. You need to have the “Reference Track” out on a different “stereo out” than the project files. That way you can solo and mute the “Reference Track” with your mix.