Cubase Artist 6.5.2 pre-release Update available

Dear Cubase Artist 6.5 users,

We just released the Cubase Artist 6.5.2 maintenance update. It includes all prior improvements from 6.5.1 and also resolves two related issues which unfortunately slipped through in the initial Cubase Artist 6.5 version (Cubase 6.5 is not affected):

29931 Score Editor:
Opening the Score Editor does no longer lead to an unexpected shutdown of Cubase Artist 6.5.

29932 Key Editor:
Entering notes in the Key Editor with the info line displayed no longer renders Cubase Artist 6.5 unreliable.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for some of you.

Please note that the 6.5.2 pre-release update is an immediate response to issues reported by customers. In order to make this improvement available as soon as possible, the update didn’t pass through Steinberg’s entire quality assurance process. Although the internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable, technical support cannot be granted. However, as we are talking about two critical issues, we recommend installing this update for every Cubase Artist 6.5 User who is using the Key and / or Score Editor.

The Cubase Artist 6.5.2 update can be downloaded here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_artist_65.html

The next fully supported 6.5.3 maintenance update will include these improvements among others.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Thanks!
Will report as soon as I get the chance to try it out

It actually say that this is for Cubase 6.5.1 also! But in the .pdf, only the artist version is addressed for some reason.

But i missed that and updated my Cubase 6.5.1, and now it say 6.5.2. So “something” must have happened :slight_smile:

/R

Cubase and Cubase Artist 6 are part of one unified installer. That’s why Cubase 6.5 will also be updated by this installer but we do not recommend it as it is a hot fix and it doesn’t fix anything for the big Cubase version.

Great job, Steinberg! Thank U 4 it! It works great now, no more InfoLine hassle and even velocities that are shown, they sound alike!

Good to hear Midimanu, happy to hear I can use my infoline again :slight_smile:

Indeed so!

But… I now have problems installing this update on my 32 bit partition. That’s where I have only the 6.5 version, can’t install neither 6.5.1 or 6.5.2 update… I get next error:
“The WindowsInstaller Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.”

Any suggestions, someone?

Make sure that you have all Windows updates installed incl. the latest Windows Installer version.
Also, this article may apply to you as well:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/fixing-update-installation-issues-on-windows.html

Yes, I do have them. After all, I could update the 6.5 from 6… also installed some other programs as well. Windows sais no new updates available.
I’ll check the link, thank you very much!

+1 :frowning:

Dear Helge Vogt
Is a release for Cubase coming soon as well ? Will the Vst expressions working from the first to the last articulation ?
Thank You ,
György L.

Well ???