Cubase Artist 6.5 and Tascam DM4800

Greetings.
My name is Dom. I am new to the forums. I am using Cubase Artist 6.5 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with a Tascam DM4800. It seems to be working fine but I have a couple of questions.

First, is there away to calibrate the L/R meter lights on the DM4800 to the main mix meter on Cubase mixer? The DM4800 lights peak long before the Cubase does.

Second, when the DM4800 is in remote mode, the sliders correspond with the sliders on the Cubase output mixer, but when changing to ch 1-24 or buss 1-24 layer on the DM4800 they dont move the faders on the Cubase mixer…is there a way to fix this?
Thank you.

Hi Dom, and welcome. I have a DM3200, so not exactly the same but close enough I think. Are you using the IF-FWDM firewire interface? And from your question it seems you mix to stereo inside Cubase and have those two channels assigned to faders on the DM? Make sure those faders are at zero (not max), and the main stereo fader at max (which is zero). Even then, it could still not correspond, depending on pan laws used in Cubase and/or Tascam.

There is nothing to fix. There is only one remote layer on the DM, corresponding for you to channels 1-24 in Cubase. The regular layers or buss layer cannot control anything in software. If you want to control channels 25-48 in Cubase, you have to make that change inside Cubase. I’m not at my rig now, so can’t help you where exactly that setting is made. (I mix on the Tascam, so have no need for the remote layer).

Well, I found a sort of calibration for the meter lights in the meter/fader menu screen. Under the master m/f sub menu the ST panel adjustment. I was able to adjust it till it began to peak at the same time Cubase did.

When I adjust the input faders on the board it does change the input level in Cubase just doesn’t show it on the screen so…oh well…

Now to figure out how to send channels to the aux sends for monitor mixing…

Use the bank button and you can control more than 24