Cubase Artist 6/7 Comparison (help?)

I think you may be confusing HALion Sonic 2 with HALion Sonic SE 2.

Thanks Jaslan,

Yes, i got it mixed up thank you !!

So with currently owning both HALion Sonic SE and HALion Sonic :-

Will the addition of HALion Sonic SE 2 actually make any difference to my library ?? :confused:

Ta,

Paul

According to the description, HSSE 2 will have some new sounds. My GUESS is that those will also work in HALion Sonic 2 (and HALion 5, for that matter). I believe this because, in the previous versions, the HSSE libraries also loaded in HALion Sonic and HALion.

Thanks Jaslan,

So will the download/installation therefore create a NEW folder of samples on my PC for usage with Cubase (so i would then have THREE seperate choices of VSTi’s to use in the DEVICES window) :-

HALion Sonic SE, HALion Soinic and HALion Sonic 2 ??

Or would the HALion Sonic SE2 be ‘merged’ with the regular HALion Sonic ??

Thanks a lot…

Paul

The latter… HALion Sonic 2 will replace HALion Sonic (ver. 1). As to the new folder of samples, I would say that you will have a new “library” called something like “HALion Sonic SE 2 content” (but I am speculating here).
HTH
J.L.

So then will i get ‘HALion Sonic SE 2’ for FREE when i update (for FREE !!) from my current Cubase Artist 7 to Artist 7.5 ?? :open_mouth:

Yes. HALion Sonic SE is included in Cubase.

HalionSonic SE is already included in Cubase artist 7.0…

Sorry, what actually i meant was :-

Does HALion Sonic 2 come for FREE with the (free) update from Cubase Artist 7 to Artist 7.5 ??

No. HalionSonic SE 2 comes with 7.5

Do you mean that HALion Sonic SE 2 comes with Cubase Artist 7.5 ONLY if you purchase Artist 7.5 (ie. if you never had any Cubase software before or you were upgrading from something like Artist 6) ??

But if you use the FREE UPDATE from Artist 7 to Artist 7.5 (as in my situation), then you you NOT get HALion Sonic for free ??

Paul,
When 7.5 comes out and you get your free update, you are going to get HALion Sonic SE 2 with it for free…

Thanks Jaslan.

i was getting really very confused about it all.

Paul

Now, i am going to buy HALion 5 very soon and so (considering the recent discussions we have been having regarding the FREE inclusion of HALion Sonic 2 with the Update from Cubase Artist 7 to Artist 7.5), to purchase HALion 5 do i therefore need to :-

Upgrade from HALion Sonic costing 164 GBP

OR,

Upgrade from HALion Sonic 2 costing 82 GBP ??

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thank you.

You won’t get HALion Sonic 2 for free with Cubase Artist 7.5 free update.
You will get HALion Sonic SE 2 for free with Cubase Artist 7.5 free update.
So if you have HALion Sonic (ver. 1), and want HALion 5, you would need to update from HALion Sonic (ver. 1). I am seeing it as $200 US (probably 182 GBP for you).

Got it !! Cheers.

i was not sure as i have obviously never done this before, and wanted to check first. Plus, i kept on getting HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE mixed up all the time. But that’s just me getting confused :unamused: :unamused:

Anyway, so that works out at 82 GBP x 2 = 164 GBP for the full Upgrade to HALion 5.

So then, will i have Cubase Artist 7.5 and (seperately) HALion 5 on my PC ?? (ie. 2 x completely seperate software programs ??). Meaning will they (or will they not) be ‘merged’ together into a single Artist7/HALion5 (if that makes sense !!) ?? Or will they run as individual entities as do Cubase and Wavelab ??

Cubase Artist and HALion 5 will be separate programs and separate licenses. They are independent of each other. Also, HALion Sonic is a separate, independent program from Cubase and HALion. HALion Sonic SE (ver. 1 or 2) is integrated into Cubase and is NOT a separate program.

Excellent, thats most helpful indeed.

So HALion Sonic, HALion 5 and Artist 7 are all individual of each other.

Yes, that’s correct.
Stop confusing HS and HSSE, it’s confusing :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… :laughing: :laughing: