Cubase Artist 7 error on empty project

Hi guys.

So i´ve been getting error messages when opening empty projects in cubase artist 7 these past couple of weeks on windows 8.
I decided it was time for a format and fresh install of Windows. I went back to windows 7 and installed all the windows updates and re-installed cubase 7. I´m still getting error messages on empty projects. Any idea what is causing this???

I have done a memtest86 with zero errors so no memory hardware failure.

I´ll attach a screenshot in this post.

How can i open cubase dmp files??? What software do i need?

I would first recommend updating to the last version of Artist 7.0.7 from Cubase Artist 7 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Do you still get the error then? If so, what other versions of Cubase have you had on the system?

I have tried with the latest patch aswell as the previous. Same error both times. And like i posted earlier. This is a fresh windows install.Only default cubase plugins so far.
I have tried to disable different hardware to see if it helps but no luck.
It started a few weeks back and i was certain that a fresh windows install would solve the problem but i guess not :confused:

I’ve had this a couple of times of late with Cubase 7.5.30. If I click cancel on the error message Cubase carries on working as if nothing had happened. Odd!

Hello,

have you already tried disabling the Steinberg-Hub? You can do so in “Preferences → General”. Do you still get crashes with the hub disabled?

Regards

Hello Luis Dongo,

Does this fix also work with the “Cubase 7 has Stopped Working” error message I’ve been intermittently getting just recently on loading a project? Are the two error types linked to the same problem? Because the Stopped Working error is more serious as it closes Cubase and I have to reset my whole system to regain audio.

Cheers.

Edit: the answer to my own question is no. I implemented the fix but still got the “Cubase 7 has Stopped Working” error message on loading a project. There must be a reason for this as this has only started happening in the last 2 -3 weeks.

Thanks

Ok i tried disabling the Steinberg-Hub so far so good! I have opened a new project five times without errors.
Gona do some reboots and try a few of my old projects. I´ll let you guys know how this turns out.
Thank you for the tip! :smiley: