Cubase artist 8.5 wont open

I recently installed windows 10 on my computer, ander after the update cubase wont even open(no crash reports). I have tried both 32bit and 64bit versions but with no luck… Any suggestions?

With regard to licensing for Windows 10, I would suggest this KB guide: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/win-windows-10-upgrade-disables-soft-elicenser.html While CA8.5 does not use an SeL for the license, a damaged SeL could still prevent it from opening properly.

What is the last thing you see initializing when you start Cubase? What version and build of CA 8.5 shows in the lower left corner? Thank you.

i have tried that guide, but the elicenser controlpanel seems a little wierd in windows 10, some bugs etc…
the last thing i see when initializing cubase is the windows hourglass, and after that nothing happens… if i go into task manager i can see cubase are running in the background. I dont know what version/build i have, since i cant get the program to open! i think it might have something to do with the e-licenser on windows 10… everytime i try to update/maintenance e-licenser trough the program it will freezze.

sorry for the bad english :confused:

Make sure you have the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center installed. You can get it from here:

yes, i have :slight_smile: but it wont read my donggle… and my dongle is just 1month old…!

got this error message: Application ‘Cubase / Cubase Artist’ has caused the following error:

An important service has become unresponsive.

Please restart your computer to fix this problem.

Please visit <www.eLicenser.net> to download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control software in case the problem persists.

Options:

• Click to abort.

I have tried to restart computer, but then elicenser wont read my donggle again… i got this message after re inserting my donggle several times

After you restart the computer, open the eLicense Control Center by right-clicking and choosing “Run as Administrator” Run the Maintenance there. Do you get an error? Can you please post a screen shot of your eLCC and the error you are receiving?

When you start Cubase, the splash screen should show the version and build in the bottom left corner. Does that screen never come up after a fresh restart of the operating system?

Steinberg support or anyone please help me…

I just recently bought the 8.5 pro version, and have just installed it last saturday May 7, 2016.
I have already registered my full elicense with steinberg. the first problem is that the trial license expiration notice for halion sonic and the grand piano keeps on popping up everytime i open/use the program. I figured that since the elicenser listed both my trial license and my full license on the right hand column of the elicenser, that i should just ignore the request for me to register the permanent license for halion and grand piano again. but now the program just hangs and i am no longer able to open any files. Please help me resolve this issue asap.

Tony Mach

I dont get an error when running elicenser then maintaince, it just wont update, it stops at around 10%.

And when opening cubase i dont get a splash screen, just the loading circle. Nothing else happens

There is a new eLCC that was released today, please update to that:

Do you have the same error in Maintenance then? Is there anything unique about your Internet connection?

Tony, it sounds like you have installed the trial versions of Halion Sonic and The Grand SE3. I would suggest uninstalling those trials from the system.