Cubase Artist 9 crashes, even after clean install

I have bought Cubase Artist 9. I’ve done a factory reset and clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop. Updated all drivers etc. After that I installed the new CB Artist 9, which I downloaded from my Steinberg account. And I was disappointed that the DAW crashes. I’v done this 2/3 times, grrrr…
Cubase Artist opens, but as soon I touch a menu: it crashes.
At this time I don’t know what to do. It costs me 3 ‘days’ for all those exercises. I had manually to delete all Steinberg stuff. The uninstaller didn’t.
I’ve send several requests to the support team, but they don’t answer. I’v send them the crash reports.
My laptop is an XPS Dell laptop, 8 GB ram and new SSD. I use usb-elicencer and installed the latest version.

Before I had Cubase Elements 9. It runned well on this laptop. Now this version doesn’t work either.

Very very frustating.

Anyone ever had such an experience and more interesting, has it been solved??
Thanks for reading.

Hi and welcome,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Please, right-click to the eLCC application, and run is as administrator. Start Maintenance. Is everything OK here? If yes, close eLCC and try to start Cubase once again. Does it work now?

Could you share some crashlogs with me via Dropbox (or similar service), please (send me the link via PM)?

Hi Martin, thank you for your quick reply. I’m now doing for the last time a complete clean install of Windows 10. Then I will download CB artist 9 from my Steinberg account and will reinstall it, and will use your advice.
I will give my reaction after I’ve done that.
Grtz.

Hi Martin again.
You made my day! Thanks a lot! :smiley:
I don’t know if the clean install helped or the administrator-issue? I did as you described. Started CBA9 as an administrator as well as the EClicencer. And it worked. Afterthat I just started CBA9 ‘normal’ and it worked also.
It’s a shame the Support Team of Steinberg didn’t answered my request for 2 weeks.
Aside with that (known) fact, your help is much appreciate.
Greetings

Cubase have worked 2 days. After updating today to version 9.0.30 it crashed again!!!. Trying to open as ‘administrator’ doesn’t help now. I don’t want to do a clean install of windows 10 and cubase artist 9 for the 3rd time. Cost me lot of time.
I wonder if it going to work. I consider asking a refund and stop with Cubase. Never had so much trouble with any software ever!!
Still waiting of a respond from Steinberg Support Team,

Cubase have worked 2 days. After updating today to version 9.0.30 it crashed again!!!. Trying to open as ‘administrator’ doesn’t help now. I don’t want to do a clean install of windows 10 and cubase artist 9 for the 3rd time. Cost me lot of time.
I wonder if it going to work. I consider asking a refund and stop with Cubase. Never had so much trouble with any software ever!!
Still waiting of a respond from Steinberg Support Team,

Hi,

Can you try to run eLCC as administrator and trigger Maintenance again?

Could you hare the crashlog, to see, where does it crash?

Hi Martin, thanks for your help. I don’t know how to send you the crashlog, as in de PM box no attachments are allowed. Maybe you could PM me and give me an emailadress?? Hope I’m not give you to much work. In fact the Steinberg Support should take over, they have the crashlog’s.
Your help is much appreciated, grtz.

FYI, this morning my desktop crashes too after installing the newest update. After restart luckily it works. So cubase or the EClicencer causes the problems. Cubase AI and EL worked several months without any problems. From the moment I used the USB licencer and upgraded to Cubase Artist 9 etc. I have only troubles

Hi,

Share Dropbox (or similar share service) link via PM, please.

I’v send you an PM, thnx.

For those who are interested: The Support Team advised me to install an older Nvidia-driver (okt.16). After I’v done that, Cubase Artist 9 is running and OK.
Of course, as a ‘normal’ user, I never could have find the cause of the problem of those crashes of CBA9. Hope that’s the DAW is stable enought for a long periode. Period :wink: