Cubase as Master with Pro Tools as Slave Sync Questions...

Hi,

I’m having some sync issues with Cubase and Pro Tools…wondering if anyone out there is doing something similar and could help.

I’m sequencing and recording audio in Cubase 7. I’m trying to set up Pro Tools on a second computer that will run video and slave to Cubase via MMC and MTC.

Here’s what I want:

Press play in Cubase and Pro Tools starts, press Stop in Cubase and Pro Tools Stops. Scrub in the timeline in Cubase and Pro Tools scrubs as well. I am able to get to the stop/start aspect to work, but not the scrubbing function.

Here’s how I have things configured:

In the sync panel in Cubase, I have ‘Internal Timecode’ selected as the timecode source.

I’m using IpMidi to send MTC and MMC from Cubase to Pro Tools. I have ‘MC Master Active’ selected and have IpMidi selected as my MMC output.

I’m not using any midi clock features so I have them unchecked. (Screen shot of this is attached)

With this setup and the transport set to ‘INT Sync’ the two machine play and stop in sync, but there’s no scrub. When I enable sync on the transport, scrub starts to work BUT the Cubase playhead no longer moves and Cubase seems to be in slave mode.

Is there a way to get the scrub feature to work as I’d like?

Thanks for reading,

Nate

Did you ever get this working?

I’m in the same boat…

I’m also trying to get this to work. I’m able to get half way there in about three different ways but never full functionality.

I’ve been scouring the forums trying to find a easy explanation of this but can’t find one.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial?

I would like to Sync Cubase (master) and PT (slave) as well. Did you ever find out how to do it? I can’t seem to find any info on this either