Cubase betrayal

i just wanna say ■■■■ you guys for wasting 600 of my dollars to buy a program that wont allow me to use 32 bit vst plugins. I write nintendocore. I have a library of over 200 32 bit VST instruments. Now I cannot use ANY OF THEM. There are literally 2 plugins for me to choose from now. Both of which cost about 100$.

If you are talking about CB9, I wonder why you purchased it as is clearly says it does not support 32bit VSTs?

Also, have you looked around in the forum to see what other users are doing to use 32 bit plugins in CB9? Like this topic (and many others).

Also as a suggestion… your CB9 license will let you use any of the previous Cubase versions (of the same level). So, maybe you could use the last version of CB8.5 to get your VSTs to work. Check what is available in your MySteinberg account, download section. If you don’t see the CB8.5 installer file you probably have to contact Steinberg support to get a link to it.

Good luck

Regards :sunglasses:

Technology can’t stand still forever! However…

Have you tried looking for 64 bit versions of your plugins on the manufacturer’s website. If they don’t exist pester them until they release an update! Offer to pay for the update if need be! Nobody should have to work for free!

Have you tried using a bit bridge such as jBridge?

You can also still run the 32bit version of Cubase Pro 8 concurrently with Pro 9,

It may seem it but it doesn’t doesn’t have to be the end of the world!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Instead of bleating on about Steinberg moving on with their software. You should be, instead, be moaning at the plugin manufacturers and tell them to ‘pull the finger out’ and move on into the 21st century and make their plugins 64bit.

Not to mention the fact that the Cubase 9 license you purchased also allows you to run the 32-bit version of Cubase 8.5 (and all previous versions) to accomodate all your outdated plugins.