Cubase Bug Confirmed but NOT 2b fixed in next update

Steinberg has said in this official bug thread Steinberg Forums that they plan on fixing almost off all of the confirmed bugs in the next update. As one who is looking seriously at buying C6, but certainly not before the “end of March” release, I am looking at this bug list with interest.

One thought that comes to mind is, based on the uber-parsing of Steinberg’s pronouncements we’ve in the past had to become accustomed to - I wonder if the end of March release is going to be an “update” that fixes these bugs, or will it be called something else (simply a “release”, or maybe an “enhancemement”!) that doesn’t address the bugs?

Another thought that comes to mind relates to the bugs I’ve listed below - ones that Steinberg has NOT indicated in the bug thread will be fixed in the next update. Especially the ones relating to automation seem to be virtually deal killers regarding work flow. How in the world are you guys (the ones that use automation) working around those problems ?

1. Automation Lost

Problem
Close and reopen project, automation gone, automation track at the wrong place, cannot open up new automation tracks from either the audio or old automation track

Reproduction

1. Create empty project, divide track list.
  2. Add marker track to upper section, create a cycle marker of any length
  3. Create audio track in lower section, open up any automation lane and read enable it (you can leave the audio track selected or select the automation track here, doesn’t change the outcome)
  4. Make two or more points in the automation track, copy these
  5. Move the transport ahead a few bars, paste, works as expected
  6. Select the cycle marker, now the audio (or automation) track still looks selected and so you can easily think that everything is set to paste again
  7. Move the transport a few bars and paste, nothing is pasted but the selected cycle marker becomes unselected
  8. Click the audio/auto track, paste, this works
  9. Open up history and look at the latest entries, three pastes should be registered for the audio track but only two pastes are actually visible on the track
  10. Close and reopen project, automation gone, automation track at the wrong place, cannot open up new automation tracks from either the audio or old automation track
  11. Close project, Cubase throws an error and refers to the Cubase5.LOG, no log entry is made, in fact, no log is created if there isn’t one either.

Status, Comments
Confirmed, Cubase 6.0.0
Original report topic
(28199)

2. Automation movement with mouse is wrong

Problem
“Move Virtacally” behaves like “Scale Vertically” on level automations

Reproduction

1. Open an automation lane and activate read on it.
  2. Make some kind of curves or up and down pattern (like some jagged up and down points).
  3. Select it all and hover over the top. If you click and drag “Move Vertically” or “Scale Vertically” it has the same effect.

Status, Comments
Confirmed, Cubase 6.0.0
Original report topic
(28280)

People who use automation a lot (most of us?) - how are you working around these two? It seems like these two could make it very difficult to work with Cubase 6 at all if doing any significant automation work.

3. Can’t Import MP3s Properly

Problem (PC)
MP3 import trouble

Reproduction
Imported MP3’ can sound different

Status, Comments
Confirmed, Cubase 6.0.0
Original report topic
(27997)

I don’t do this too often, but I’m surprised Cubase hasn’t elevated this to “going to be fixed in the next update” status. Personally I could buy C6 without being able to import MP3s, but I can imagine many people who do that a lot who might be hesitant.

Thanks for letting me know!

I hope they fix automation.

There has been no announcement about when an update for C6 will arrive.

I am sure they aren’t sitting twiddling their thumbs though… They’ll fix these things.

My intuition tells me the bugbase is complete for now, as at least one developer has confirmed there is at least one bug that will be fixed but which has not been included in the “official” list as noted here: