Cubase confused

A client arrived with several audio Cdr disks, each with one track, which we needed to import into the project.

OSX automatically names Audio CD tracks thus

1 Audio Track
2 Audio Track

and so on.

So importing these results in several files in the audio pool named 1 Audio Track. All was OK until I re-opened the project later to find that some of the files had got switched round - in other words, the waveform showed the ‘right’ 1 Audio Track, but a different 1 Audio Tack file played back.

I’m not sure if this is a Cubase bug or and OS X file naming bug, but it’s one to watch out for. In future I will import the CD audio tracks into OS X Finder, rename them, and then import into Cubase.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I can’t help you with the problem but I can tell you that I’ve had a similar experiance…ie, I opened a project to find the guitar track on the vocal track, the bass on the strings track…etc…I just deleted the whole project and started again…
hope you get it sorted ok, I think cubase is a bit of a mess at the moment… :frowning:

related topic but not the same…
i didn’t report it,it happened once in one project when imported audio track from project.
the waveform in the project was not in sync with the actual sound.the sound was on time but the waveform view was way late.i did some edits with projects section’ but cant remember if it was before that.