Cubase Core loading issues-sorted :)

I’ve been running some tests of late and here’s a project to show how Cuabse 12 is loading the cores on my 16/32 core ryzen 5950x.
The screen grab is just a test project with about 250 random plugins on with aux’s and busses like a real world test. ASIO guard is on high and the project is running at 64 samples.

As you can see the first 16 threads are way more loaded than the last 16 which seem to be doing not very much. If i turn off ASIO guard the the graph changes significantly with basically every other thread being loaded quite smoothly .

anyone have any insight into this?

M

can anyone with a 12900 or similar intel high core cpu post their thread loading so we can see if this is an AMD issue?

M

OK it would seem the first 16 cores load first …THEN adding more tracks plugins starts to load the last 16. So that’s good.

Here’s the project doubled to over 500 plugins and 120 odd tracks still running at 64 samples and smooth and responsive

Offtopic but, I have to ask, what is your screen’s resoultion? It looks gorgeus.

1 Like

not off topic at all :slight_smile: It’s an LG 32inch 4k monitor. Windows 11 and Cubase 12. I have windows set at 125% and I use the option on the plugins window to allow resizing if the plugin isn’t HiDPi aware. I went through a few different 32inch 4k monitors until i got this one. It’s a beautiful picture.

M

1 Like