Cubase crash with nvidia graphics card

I have a problem with cubase 11 and I am pretty sure that it is ralated to the graphics card. but first the specs of my workstation:
Enermax 80+ gold 850w
Ryzen 9 3900x
32gb 3600mhz cl 18
RTX 3070 (Driver: nvidia studio driver 472.47)

Here the problem:
Cubase crashes sooner or later when I do any action. Sometimes when i change the output of a track or when I duplicate tracks or open a plugin.
The only thing that is always the same is that there is this 100% peak in the graphicscard utilisation(3D) when cubase crashes:

CPU and RAM have enaugh headroom and there is nothing suspicious going on in the graphs wenn cubase crashes. Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this problem ? :frowning:
also there are no other programms running that could cause this problem.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

I did what you described but it did not help for me :frowning:

Hi,

Could you provide a *dmp file, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

i hope this is the file you are asking for
Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.12.8 18.48.01.181.dmp (1.7 MB)

Hi,

Update to the latest Cubase 11.0.41, please. If it’s still crashing, upload the latest Cubase 11.0.41 dmp file, please.

okay wow i didnt notice that i am on an older version. thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,
I have done all the above and for the last 2 days I am having continuous crashings due to graphic driver error. This is the last one of many:
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.1.9 10.13.48.342.dmp (736.8 KB)
Do you have an idea of how I can make this stop happening?
Thank you very much,

Ivan

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Is there any news? NVIDIA also causes crashes in Cubase 13