Cubase Crashes after loading a specific project

Hello,
I am working with Cubase 9 on Win 10. I have many different projects on my computer, and one of them just started crashing after it opens. I have been working on this project for some time, and this problem occurred one day out of the blue. All of the other projects work just fine. If I change the name of the project in it’s folder it sometimes helps and then the project opens alright and I then can work normally, but there is no pattern and sometimes it takes 10 tries to open it until it succeeds. I have not used any new plugin or changed anything in my work process. Needless to say that EVERYTHING is original and licensed (DAW, plugins, etc.). Since I don’t have anything on this project that does not exist on other projects (that are working fine), it is very weird.
Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?
Thank you very much.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you please attach the *.crash/dmp file(s)?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Thank you for your reply! I am attaching the latest DMP file. I don’t know what it is, but note that it doesn’t create one for every crash.
Cubase 9.0.0.92 64bit 2021.12.13 12.14.dmp (2.9 MB)

By the way, on some occasions I get the following message after the crash:

I am not even sure that this DMP file was created after a crash. I tried to “create” one by opening and crashing the project but after the crash there are no new DMP files in the folder.

Hi,

First of all, download and install the latest Cubase 9.0.40 update, please.

I have never updated my Cubase. Will the update affect any of my work or projects?

Hi,

No, it will not. No worries and go ahead with the update.

Well, it seems like the problem was solved! I will be more relieved when tomorrow also is crash-free. but in the meantime it looks good. Thank you so much for your help!