Cubase crashes keeps crashing from certain plugins. In particular when re-opening projects

Hi! I’m on Cubase 11 Pro right now (on macOS Catalina) and have had this problem ever since Cubase 8 or 9 (probably OS X Mavericks):

Some 3rd party plug-ins consistently crash Cubase. Especially when I am opening a project that already has that VST on it. I.e:

Create new project > Add VST > Close Project > Open that project again > Crash.

My workaround has been either: creating a new project, adding that VST. Then opening my older project (usually works) OR removing the VST in Finder, then re-adding once I’ve opened the project.

I’ve contacted support for both Cubase and some 3rd parties but no succesful solutions. I’ve found older threads but can’t find any useful information. Have you had this issue? Did you solve it?

Some plug-ins cause this sporadically but the ones that have been consistently crashing are:

NI Battery 4
NI Massive
Arturia Solina
Arturia Prophet
Arturia CS-80
BFD3

iZotope Iris 2
Plogue Chipcrusher

(The latter two also sometimes crash Cubase instantly when loading them in a project.)

I don’t have (m)any issues with other plugins from from those developers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

Make sure, your plug-ins are up to date and you have the latest Cubase 11.0.41 installed, please.

Could you attach the *.crash file(s), please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Thanks! When I say “consistently” I mean 80-90% of the time so update mismatches may explain that, although strange. Anyway, I’ve updated everything now and will share reports if I encounter any crashes from now on.