Cubase crashes on first project load attempt, fine on second

Hi everybody
I am having this strange problem, I am triying to load large Cubase 6 projects, with lots of Vsti (about 20gb).

The first time I try to load them, (when it is finishing loading all samples), cubase crashes. I then re-start cubase and proceed to load them and it works fine.
The only problem is that due to the crash, my mr816 hardware setup menu item is gone.

Does anybody has had this kind of problems?

I am working in win7 64bit, Cubase 6.02. Vsti are LASS, and EastWest orchestra and pianos, mainly, EW Spaces is my reverb.

Thanks very much !

Are they 32 bit plugs?

Hi there, thanks for posting, all plugins are 64bit (east west play 3.0, kontakt player 4.2.3 and Spaces 1.1.05)

What troubles me is that it loads on the second attempt…the first one crashes…

I have investigated and the crash ocurrs just before finishing loading, when it refreshes the GUI.

Looking at the log it shows:

===================================================================
Cubase6.exe Version 6.0.2 Build 291 - 22.8.2011 17:53

Timestamp is 4d93901f (Wed Mar 30 17:18:39 2011)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exe

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 055F47B4 01:000137B4 C:\Program Files\Steinberg\MR\plugins\MemAPI.dllBytes at CS:EIP:
44 09 04 82 41 8b 54 24 0c 45 8b 44 24 10 85 d2
45 8b 54 24 14 44 89 44 24 64 44 89 54 24 68 74

Anybody has had such problems?

Looks like you may have to check the plugs (the ones you’ve named will do for now) by moving them to a new folder temporarily and seeing if the fault goes away and then load one by one until it reappears.

One of the plugs may be robbing Cubase of a memory address it needs to access on loading after initial computer startup. It probably loads on the second time as the system changes or reassigns the memory address from the registry. Can’t be too sure though as it could be a few things but I think it’s your best bet as first check. These things tend to appear now and again. They can last but tend to disappear too.
Can be a bug in the software but if so everyone would have it more or less but can be memory or ram bottleneck dataflow. Simple dust contamination, loose or faulty ram and registry errors could be the cause among a few things.
Google “Access violation” (also the fault address number as well as it may bive more info) and keep an eye on any other programs that throw this up as well. Hopefully it will not last. I have had it pop up a couple of times this decade but it usually goes without any action by me. I blamed Windows updates but you may never know. :question:

I´ll try that today, but, if it doesn´t load the plugins, the samples wont be loaded, and the project wouldn´t be considered “large”. I have no problems with small projects.

I have seen a thread about the same problem in Cubase 5 forum, trying to revive it but no luck so far.
It seems that MR816 is the problem, after the first crash, it seems the “hardware integration” is not loaded so, the project loads fine.

So, from what I have seen in the other thread, logic tells me that something is wrong with large projects and MR816x.

here´s the other thread:

I will try today when I have free time the plugin approach.
Thanks!