Cubase crashes when I try to open Hub

Anyone seen this before and have a solution?

Specs:
iMac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase 10.5

Hi,

Could you share the *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Thanks, Martin.

For some reason, the crash never to recorded in my user crash files.

I have attached a video of what I am doing, if that helps anything.

Thank you,
Alexander

Here is a screen recording of what I do when I open Cubase.

Hi,

First, update macOS to the supported one, which is macOS 10.14 or 10.15 for Cubase 10.5.x.

Second, update Cubase to the latest Cubase 10.5.20, please.

My MacOS is a supported one. I bought Cubase 10.5 while it was compatible with OS High Sierra (10.13.6) and worked fine for a year. The notion that it will not be compatible now within that short a time frame between a decimal point version update doesn’t make sense. Allow me to add that most studios in Los Angeles do not update annually and are several version behind. Many of which on High Sierra and running Cubase.

I just updated to Cubase 10.5.20 and yes, same problem: crashes when I try to open the ‘Hub’. However, it will work when I open cubase in safe mode (deactivate third party plug ins and disable program settings)

This is not an issue that should be causing a crash. This is a functionality issue, not a new feature issue. I agree, there are things I will not be privileged to have or use simply because I choose to hold back and work in a previous version. But the sole functionality of the product should still be running. I have had every version since Cubase 4.

I still need to work and my next film starts in about 4 days. (Upgrading studio Mac, and daw is not an option, nor is there time)

On my further attempts, it will work if I open in Safe mode with ONLY ‘disable program preferences’, but still launch with my third party plug ins.

So, to recap, it won’t work with current program preferences. Is there a file somewhere were I could delete?

Im very worried now because if I have to choose the option “DELETE all program preferences” and go back to factory settings, will I loose my template setup? (Which took weeks to complete)

Hi,

We can get more information from the *.crash file, if you would share it.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

You can backup your preferences folder (move it to Desktop or other location) a trash the preferences folder. Then you would get Cubase Factory Settings, which wouldn’t crash anymore (because it doesn’t crash in the Safe Start Mode > Disable Preferences). If you would need to get some preferences back (like Key Commands, for example) you can copy from your backup folder the dedicated file to the new preferences folder.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X

I’m quite sure Cubase 10.5 was supported on macOS 10.13 ever. Cubase always supports 2 macOS versions back at the moment of its release, what was macOS 10.14 and macOS 10.15. I also have macOS 10.13 at one of my systems and I’m aware I’m running it on the unsupported system. But the fact someone else is running it doesn’t mean, it’s supported and it’s safe to run it.

I solved it by deleting the specific Cubase 10, and Cubase 10.5 folder in there Preferences folder (“/Users//Library/Preferences//”)

Hi,

Yes, this is the deletion of the preferences folder, I recommended. :wink: I’m glad it works.