Cubase crashes when launching a project

Hello,
I use version 8.5 of Cubase, under Windows 10 (PC). For a few months, when I launch a project that I started, Cubase remains blocked and the project no longer launches. Cubase remains on “Loading console” without opening the project.
I’ve already tried renaming the Cubase folder in the Windows Roaming folder, it doesn’t change anything.
What else should be done to debug the software?
Thank you so much.
Olivier.

Hi,

Please make sure, your plug-ins are up to date.

Hi,
All my plug-ins are updated :frowning:
I only have Steinberg and Native

Hi,

Please, here on the forum, try to search for the tool(s) to resolve the DMP file(s). Then you could at least see, if the crash is in Cubase or in the plug-in. Cubase 8.5 is too old, so I cannot resolve it by myself, sorry.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Could you try to reinstall Cubase as administrator, please?

Martin,
Thank you !
Safe mode with disable preferences does not work.
I have already reinstalled cubase in administrator mode, all my programs are installed in admin. mode.
Clean computer otherwise.

Hi,

I’m sorry, I’m getting out of ideas.

Hi.
No problem. Thank you.

Hi!
Obviously, the problem came from a project and not from Cubase. I copy paste my .wav in a new project and no more problem.
Impossible to know the origin of the recent problem. It’s boring for a new record !
Never had this problem in 10 years.

Hi,

If you have done some work on the project, you can try to create a new project and import from the originalproject.

Is there a project import function in a new project in Cubase? Not found in the manual.

I found the function to import tracks from a project. Very handy, but when I try to import tracks from a project that does not open, Cubase remains frozen. The manual import track by track works.

Hi,

It seems something became really broken in the project. Sorry.