Cubase / Cub.Artist / Cub.Elements 6.0.3 update released

I’m having serious performance issues with the new grid overlay feature on Mac OS. I’ve started a new thread about it.

What exactly is this and how is it beneficial? I really have no clue what this is and see nothing different when changing how many lines in the preferences. Care to explain? Thanks.

Thanks Steinberg for fixing the midi bug I reported where midi parts grow past the locators to meet the earlier parts after stopping a midi recording! Glad to see that was resolved. No other problems to report here installing and using, though I only opened and messed with one project and a default template since installing.

Rev.

In C5, part names and data (ie, Grouped icon) were visible at any track zoom level, even the smallest possible. In C6 they changed the graphics rendering code which broke this - so that at the smallest track zoom level, part names and data would not show up at all despite any preference settings. Now in 6.0.3 this is basically restoring the functionality that was in C5 that was lost in C6.0.0 thru C6.0.2. In addition, it adds the ability to customize below which zoom level you want part name/data to disappear.

With 6.03 the Eucon disappeared…

Thank you. I haven’t really gone into any depth, but I am sad to report that 6.03 hangs on exit every single time.

Hello guys,

A new EuCon Adapter will be uploaded soon to our download website under “Content and Accessories” that will enable Cubase 6.0.3 compatibility! :slight_smile:

Ready now…

Okay, cool, but where do I set the opacity for slipping ? Mine isn’t working, just for dragging an event.

I was hoping it would work when using the nudge palette, but it doesn’t, only when dragging as well.

So this isn’t true?

1. Event handling opacity while slip-editing
    When slip-editing an event, the event will now turn semi-transparent just like when dragging and moving it in 6.0.2.

btw, OSX Lion user here.

Update 28.07.2011:
After the release of 6.0.3 we detected that there is a performance issue with the new grid overlay feature in Cubase 6.0.3 under Mac OS X (Cubase under Windows is not affected). Currently the only workaround is to disable the grid overlay (what a pity, now that it’s finally here). This can be achieved by turning the intensity slider (Preferences > Event Display section) entirely to the left. We aim to resolve this issue ASAP.

Well, the grid overlay is working fine for me, no performance issue whatsoever. What I am saying is that there is NO, zero, none, opacity when slipping events, just when dragging just like 6.02. The other features, like the grid lines appearing over the waveforms, the grid overlay thing, is fine.

Update 28.07.2011:
After the release of 6.0.3 we detected that there is a performance issue with the new grid overlay feature in Cubase 6.0.3 under Mac OS X (> Cubase under Windows is not affected> ). Currently the only workaround is to disable the grid overlay (what a pity, now that it’s finally here). This can be achieved by turning the intensity slider (Preferences > Event Display section) entirely to the left. We aim to resolve this issue ASAP.

Sadly this is not true.
:frowning:
I experienced several screen redraw issues.
Most prominent, when in play mode with Stationary Cursors active and the mouse switched to scissors.
If I now move the mouse, the screen completely freezes.
The tested projects have a lenght of 20 min up to 2 hours.

I also found, that the redraw jerkiness, depends on what is shown on the screen.
If I scroll down to where are mostly Group and FX tracks ( i.e. tracks with no events ),
it gets worse.

A few others also noticed this ( apparently with longer projects )

Can anyone from Steinberg repro ?

Jan

6.0.3 - Higher memory usage

Can anyone confirm this?
After this update I noticed that it now uses more memory, which causes the inability to open the projects that worked in version 6.0.2
The project which took 2GB of RAM in 6.0.2 now occupies 2.7 GB on 6.0.3 and I get a message “video engine has encountered a problem” and Cubase must be closed … This applies to both 32bit and 64bit! -Yes this one freezes during project load progress and after ending Cubase6.exe process, Video engine error message appears…

Windows is 64bit, many tracks are frozen, all the samplers too, with the option to unload …

Excluding videoengine.dll from “Components” directory allows you to temporarily open the project, but after several operations freeze occurs.

Is there really a lot of things have changed, that the memory consumption has increased so much, or whether it must be a kind of bug …

What you didn’t mention is that this feature is available on AUDIO EXPORT too!

Thank you for this - finally! Before this, for a long time I’ve actually had to use a custom-written batch file-renaming script to convert filenames to the “.L.wav”/“.R.wav” format that Pro Tools expects. Now it’s as easy as selecting that format in the drop-down list in Cubase’s export audio window! Brilliant!

For the past few hours (noon to 5pm US EST, 29 July 2011), I’ve been unable to download the update, as the FTP server doesn’t seem to be serving. I’ve tried numerous browsers and multiple computers to no avail. Anyone confirm? Thanks,

A d e n

I have an issue in that when I go to download it, it opens up Speed Download on my Mac, then it asks for authorisation for the FTP - I’ve tried using MySteinberg details, but it doesn’t help - any ideas ? :slight_smile:

** FIXED : I just did a “Save As” direct from Safari, it’s going now :slight_smile:

Aloha H,
Where can I find more info on:
7)MultibandCompressor: Live mode

1-Is it always on?
2-Can it be configured?
etc etc

I use C6 in a live setting so I am always
trying to find ways to save cpu juice.

TIA
—curteye

[quote="
"]
Aloha H,
Where can I find more info on:
7)MultibandCompressor: Live mode

1-Is it always on?
2-Can it be configured?
etc etc

I use C6 in a live setting so I am always
trying to find ways to save cpu juice.

TIA
—curteye
[/quote]

I found it

The Live mode can be enabled below the Output knob and is especially useful when working with low ASIO buffer sizes (128 samples or less). For achieving best audio quality in final mixing stage, the Live mode should be disabled. In case performance issues occur, increase the ASIO buffer size.