Cubase deleted my key commands

It’s by default a hidden folder, it’s there. You can show hidden folders or just type the path with \AppData it’ll go to the directory.

OK , I found the file, but only after I searched for it on file explorer (on the search function)

Really strange, the file that was found, exists in the folder as described on this path:

C:\Users<your computer username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\

But when I physically go to C:\Users<your computer username>, there is no ‘AppDatta’ folder…go figure…

Anyway, thanks for your reply buddy!

It’s “AppData” see

Hi Steve,

No worries, I didn’t say your suggestion wasn’t right, I am certain there is an AppDatta folder,

It’s just in my particular PC that it just, weirdly, doesn’t show in (C:)->Users->My Name

Cheers Steve

Well this has just happened to me today too.

My key command presets all been reset to defaults. I also seem to have lost my plugin locations but have not had time to look at that. I has elicence problem this morning and it took 45 minutes for me after about 10 attempts to get maintenance to work.

I have fixed it though.

I take daily backup so I restored c:\users<name>\appdata\roaming\steinberg\cubase_11_64 and its all working again.

Nice you got it working again!
That’s very smart to backup this folder I’ll do it too from now on

Just loaded up Cubase like any other day.

Vallhalla vintage verb was randomly removed from my Effect list. No problem I just scanned for it again - oh… I see my scan list has just been removed. Luckily for me I have written down all my VST location folders.

Ok but now my key commands aren’t working… welll, then… WTF!

@Omer1 is not the only one who’s experienced this weird random deleting of preferences because it’s happened to me too @steve.