Cubase dmp file

***I have had an open ticket with Steinberg support for 16 days with no acknowledgement of my request. ***
After reading some of the posts on this forum I have managed to decode the dmp file that was generated, unfortunately this does not mean anything to me - can anyone help please?

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Music\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps\Cubase Artist 10.0.60.396 64bit 2020.12.30 16.07.39.612.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***

• Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
  • Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
  • After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *

Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Wed Dec 30 16:07:42.000 2020 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:02:48.000

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(e68.1170): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0xa:
00000000`76fca47a c3 ret

Hi,

Make sure, you have all Windows updates installed, please.

Could you ZIP and attach the source *.dmp file, please?

Thank you for your help Martin.
Neil

Cubase Artist 10.0.60.396 64bit 2020.12.30 16.07.39.612.zip (114.1 KB)

Hi,

The crash is in Cubase. But unfortunately it’s very generic, so I can’t come with any workaround. Moreover Cubase 10.0.x is not in development anymore, so even if there would be a bug in Cubase, it’s not going to be fixed.

I would try to reinstall Cubase from the Full Installer as administrator. Maybe you can try to start Cubase in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], or trash Cubase preferences folders.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Thank you Martin, I have already uninstalled: rebooted and reinstalled Cubase but I did not delete the preferences. I shall try deleting the preferences and wait for Cubase support to get back to me (that may take months!)

Hi,

You can backup the preferences folder to be able to reuse it, if you want/need to.