Cubase dongle containing Cubase 10.06 and Halion 6 wiped

Just sounds weird man, apart from the server meltdown that happened at release… your problems sound fairly unique to you. Any problem I have ever had with elicenser/dongle - I just Performed Maintenance and unplugged and replugged.

What is in your MySteinberg account??? Can you send a pic with the numbers blurred? That’s what I don’t get. You need to register your products. Otherwise, how does Steinberg know these are yours and not someone elses?

here is mine:

Nothing relating whatsoever to the existence of my Cubase 10.06 and Halion 6 software… IT IS BLANK! AND CANNOT BE READ, I have used it for years from Cubase 7. Steinberg has all of my receipts (steinberg shop and gear4music)
My single working dongle has as I keep saying my SX, and cubasis info…

You seem to be avoiding answering my question. It seems as if to me you haven’t had your business in order mate and you are suffering the consequences of that.

You have to register your software to an account - because what if - for example, you lose your dongle? then what? You’re just going to tell Steinberg “well, I once had this dongle with all your software enabled on it. Can I get all your products again at no cost?” Because, then, everyone could say this.

The point of registering your software to a MySteinberg account, is that if you lose your Dongle, or it breaks. 1.) You can immediately utilize Zero Downtime, and 2.) You can simply buy a new $50 Dongle and transfer your account to it… and 3.) Worst case scenario, if you lost access to your MySteinberg account/the email associated with it - - if you registered your software and filled out your MySteinberg profile with your Full Name, birthdate, company name, etc - you could probably send Steinberg a scan of your drivers license.

This is the point of registering your software - to be able to receive service, tech support, etc.

Steinberg might have your receipts - BUT DO YOU HAVE YOUR RECEIPTS. That’s the main question here.

Either way, I’m sure your problems will be resolved eventually, it’s just going to take longer if you didn’t have your ducks in a row