Cubase <-> Dorico Integration/Synchronization

Hey, guys behind Cubase, what’s up there?!
There was an official poll by you related to Cubase <-> Dorico integration, but as we can see there isn’t a single step towards this in Cubase 11 (except the integration of SMuFL fonts like Bravura and Petaluma).

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

Yup. Not having them interact in at least a basic way, or taking advantage of Dorico SE in place of the score editor in some capacity, is a big waste of potential imo.

Yep, completely agree with you, dylanmixer! :slight_smile:
They did some nice improvements to the Score Editor, but still it looks outdated and terrible. They must adopt most of Dorico’s menus and tools organization and look into the Score Editor.
Cubase has the worst looking and organized score editor… Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Cakewalk and Studio One have far better.
Steinberg has already Dorico, but the team behind Cubase don’t want to take advantage of it…
Personally since I became a Dorico user, I rarely use Cubase for composing, but I need some kind of synchronization between both because in Dorico I can’t import audio files when I have to make arrangements, or orchestration over existing recording.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

This is something that goes back…what… FIVE years? Daniel Spreadbury said, when they started talking about Dorico that integration was a long-game deal. Apparently he has that famous British sense of understatement. :smiley:

I stick with Score because, in spite of all its shortcomings, the integration is just too important. The idea of exporting/importing constantly to another app appeals to me about as much as a daily enema.

1 Like

+1

What does “stick with score” mean? You stick with editing scores within Cubase right?

Yes, the built-in Score Editor. “Score”

I expect all their resources are put into improving Dorico for Dorico, and for Dorico users to the point where Dorico becomes itself and is solid - which is about a 5 year plan if not more. Not sure who has the British sense of understatement…

Either way, update by update, it appears they are trying to make Score more like Dorico or at least, easier to use. So the gameplan might not be to integrate, but to assimilate features, workflows, concepts, seamless export/import.

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

+1

I’d love to take the note input of Dorico at least so I can compose in Cubase as if it were a score

1 Like

+1

+1

yes please, cubase integration

Hi - I’m not a Dorico user, but would it be possible to use the IAC driver on Mac or virtual midi port software like loopMIDI on PC, host the VST instruments in Cubase and pipe the MIDI data to Cubase from Dorico? That would give you a composing environment and a recording/mixing environment, assuming it works. Bit of a faff though, it would be easier if Dorico were Rewire enabled, but at least it’s free to try.