Cubase - Edit in wavelab

Once you have selected a part in cubase and then selected ‘edit in wavelab’
01 is it possible to process with external equipment?
02 do you need to render the file before clicking update cubase?
03 why does the update cubase button grey out when you play the file in wavelab?

5am

Hey,

What exactly do you mean with “process”? The event will be rendered with all offline effects which are applied to it.

No, you do not need to render anything. Simply hit the “Trigger Cubase Update” button. It saves the file automatically.

This should actually not happen. Can you give me some more details on how you reproduce that?

Best,
René

The Trigger Cubase Update button ‘Greys Out’ when i insert a external effect.

so using external effects doesn’t appear to be possible using WL9 from with Cubase

5am

I don’t have this problem here. If the file is open from Cubase via “Edit in WaveLab”, the “Trigger Cubase Update” gets enabled, whether you add an external effect or not.

it works perfect until i insert an external effect and then the Trigger Cubase option greys out.

5am

Hey,

I cannot reproduce it either. Can you probably provide a screenshot before and after you insert the external effect (and the greyed out button)? Probably we can spot something.

Best,
René

Thanks for the assistance.

Here is an audio part imported from cubase via the ‘edit in wavelab’ menu selection.

You can see External Effects selected in the Master Section. Once the file is rendered (in real time) the Master Section bypass (red button) is illuminated as expected but the ‘update wavelab’ button becomes ‘greyed out’ so i cannot return the file to wavelab.
5am.jpg
5am

I was able to reproduce a case which is very similar to yours. It has nothing to do with the external effect though. Would you mind trying it again with a very short file (like one second or sth)?

I my case it had sth to do with Cubase’s hitpoint detection which cancels the “Edit in WaveLab” action and this is why the button greys out in WaveLab. This is fixed in the next update. I guess it is sth similar on your side.

Best,
René

“sth” means something !?

regards S-EH

Sorry! Yes, of course I mean “something” :wink: