Cubase Editing Length of Sample

Hi,

I’ve recently been using Cubase to see all its features and to pick my main DAW. One thing I have noticed that I can’t figure out, is to stretch the end length of a sample in the arrangement view.

Example: I placed a kick in the arrangement view, but the sample ends at 1.1.3 and I want to stretch the end of the kick file to 1.2.1. How can I do this without time stretching the whole sample? How can I leave a gap at the end of the kick to make it go to 1.2.1 without pressing the time warp?

Thanks!

Use Audio>Events To Part

Audio Parts are like containers that can hold 1 or more Audio Events. Resizing the Part will not stretch the Audio in it.

1 Like

One way of achieving that is to use the “Events to Part” command, which should be visible upon right-clicking the sample in the project timeline. – Can also be done via key command.

Parts (unlike Events) can be lengthened.

Hi,

Thanks! I’m just pretty new to Cubase and its commands. But it works!

1 Like

@raino sorry for doubling up on your already correct answer.

When I hit “enter” on my post, yours hadn’t showed up on my screen yet.

And just when I deleted mine, it got marked as the solution, so I un-deleted it.

I think we posted at the same time because when mine went up yours appeared at the same time.

At least we were consistent.

1 Like

exactly how I experienced it as well.

And it looks like @SomeEDMProducer now marked your answer as the solution - so all is well.

haha - yes indeed!