Cubase Elements 11 re. free upgrade to Cubase Elements 12

I’ve been a long time user of Cubase LE 1. Have recently upgraded to a new PC & have been able to be sent an Activation Code for C/B AI 6 which is a requirement of upgrading to C/B Elements 11.

On 28/01/22 I purchased the discounted upgrade to C/B Elements 11.

On 16/03/22 I requested a new Activation Code for C/B AI 6 which was promptly sent by Steinberg.

On 16/03/22 I successfully downloaded, installed & activated the upgrade to C/B Elements 11. I could not do this sooner as my new PC was not available.

On 31/03/22 I received an email from Steinberg advising of my free upgrade to C/B AI 12, which I promptly accepted & downloaded, installed & activated successfully.

I was under the impression that since I had purchased & installed C/B Elements 11 within the correct time frame, that I would automatically be entitled to the free upgrade to C/B Elements 12.

However it appears that this is not the case as Steinberg are offering me an upgrade to C/B Elements 12 at a discounted price.
I would appreciate if anyone could comment if this a normal offer.
Regards
Alan

Hi,

Please, follow these instructions.

Hi Martin,
Many thanks for your reply.
I followed the instructions as per the page but nothing shows that I’m entitled to a free upgrade for C/B Elements 11 to C/B Elements 12.
All I can find is that I can get an upgrade to C/B elements 12 for a discounted price, so this looks like my only option if I wish to get C/B Elements 12.
Regards
Alan

Hi,

You can get in touch with your local Steinberg support, provide your MySteinberg email and ask to double check, of you are allowed to get Cubase Elements 12 for free.

Hi Martin,
Today I contacted my local Steinberg support, I gave him My Steinberg email. He was then able to see the possible reason/s for the free upgrade to AI 12 & not Elements 12.

He then patiently guided me through the process to get the free upgrade to Elements 12 which was successful.

I’m very appreciative to him for taking the time, his patience, knowledge, & helpfulness for a positive outcome.
Excellent local Steinberg Support.

Also, Thankyou again Martin, for your reply’s & help with this issue.

Regards
Alan

1 Like