Cubase Elements 6 - THE BIG QUESTION...

In most cases I’d agree 100% with you, but here …?

Thank you niles for this link,the videos will answer many of our questions,i guess

I guess,these ‘‘landing pages’’ in the url are not ready to land on the official website yet
Nevertheless a quick response from the mods would not hurt and would have stopped us speculating and googling .
And would increase sales very quickly :neutral_face:

I afraid I’m not sure what you mean by that?
I know Steinberg representatives and moderators are hardly answering any questions here, but at least one has chance by using a recognisable subject topic.
Next to that it’s a lot easier for other users with related answers or questions or search query’s to filter the results.

Especially in this thread where people demand clarification, I though this was very ON-topic when you look at what Steinberg’s information stew and the vagueness does with its users. :wink:

But like I said, I don’t want to be priggish :sunglasses:

Most likely not the solution you want either (no dongle), but I did a successful test a year ago by using the dongle across my network (Cubase 5).
I was planning to test its behaviour and timing through a VPN tunnel to reach it from the outside (WAN), but I didn’t had the time and possibility to do it then.

I’m not sure if it still works with Cubase 6 and the new eLicenser software but it’s an option for those people who don’t want a dongle in their laptop but still want to use their Cubase.

For anyone who would like to experiment with this, the topic is on the old forum here

Hello guys,

Cubase Elements 6 does not require a USB-eLicenser! (i.e. USB-dongle)

It uses a software based copy protection system called Soft-eLicenser.
So basically it’s the biggest Cubase version you can get without the need of a USB-port for the dongle.

Hi Carlos

Is it to be inferred that this particular version is only available online?

You should use that magnifying glass in your avatar :wink:
click

Nahh…that would’nt do his “post count” any good… :unamused: .

Mauri.

Boxed product = grayed out :imp:

BOUGHT

Downloading now.

Thanks for the info.

Let us know how it plays with C6.x.x please!

Also bought and downloading now.

Yes, does it open Cubase 6 projects fine?
I am ready to take the plunge too

If dongle or not, the advantage is that you can once decide to transfer the soft e-License to a dongle but you need not. Wavelab Elements also does not need a dongle.

I transfered all my soft licenses to my dongle.

As I am now working more and more on my mac book pro I am cosidering buying Logic Pro and if I find it to be all that I need I may jump over. The dongle is a headache for lap users period!

Elemental my dear brai… Oops mysteryshopper.

Hi,
Cubase Elements is available as a download and as a boxed version. Maybe the boxed version got rapidly out of stock and that’s why it’s greyed out.

are C6 users allowed to run CE6 with their C6 licens?
i also didn’t know if it’s possible to transfer the licens from the Dongle to the Soft-Licnser…
is it possible?
Regards

It’s technically possible, yes, but the license issuer must permit the transfer. For example, the Cubase 6 license cannot be transferred due to permissions but the technology is capable of doing it. (And why we are not allowed to do what we want with our own license is beyond me).

I would like to add to this …but maybe it’ll get lost, so I also might start a fresh topic.

Why is Cubase Essentials 6 not avilable to buy as a download from Poland :open_mouth:

I read this topic, noticed that i dont need a usb dongle, went to buy a copy for my laptop, and the Cubase link here: Cubase: Music Production Software | Steinberg

is refusing my purchase,by declaring…

"SORRY.

This product is not available in your country."

anyone have an answer?? :smiley:

from Cubase to Logic??
that would be a huge downgrade.
no joke.

P.S. would Logic have no plugins, it would have disappeared from the market.
no joke, part II.