Cubase Elements 9.5 doesn't work with Steinberg UR12 interface

I’ve not been able to use Cubase for over a month because of a specific issue that is not addressed in your forum.

I installed Cubase Elements 9.5 on my pc and installed the Steinberg UR12. They worked together for awhile (i.e. I could record audio and could hear the audio through the UR12.

Then all of a sudden I can’t record audio or hear audio from Cubase going through the UR12. The UR12 is working fine - it reroutes my computer sound system through it and I can hear everything I want (YouTube, etc.) EXCEPT my Cubase files! Nor will it allow me to record.

As per your forum, I downloaded the latest driver, and I’m not in monitor or record mode. Still the same problem.

Hitting F4 shows me the audio inputs and outputs, BUT I can’t change them. The “Audio Device” output says “generic low latency ASIO” (and again, i cannot change this!!!) and Device/instrument says “speakers/headphones.”

The playback device on the computer says “Line 4 - Steinberg UR12” but again, Cubase refuses to run through the UR12.

Please help!

Go to Studio -> Studio Setup… -> VST Audio System. Here you can pick the ASIO driver for your audio interface.
https://steinberg.help/cubase_elements_le_ai/v9.5/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/setting_up/setting_up_audio_vst_audio_system_r.html

Press F4 again to reconfigure the Inputs and Outputs if needed.

It worked! Thank you Romantique Tp and thank you Forum!