Cubase elements 9.5 Drum editor grid stuck on 1/16

Hey this is my first time posting.

I’ve been using the drum editor on Cubase 6.5 for years, I recently purchased Elements 9.5 and have found that the grid for the drum editor is stuck on 1/16, so I cannot input triplets or change the length of note I’m inputting at all, I have to go into the note editor to do that.

Is there something obvious I’m missing?

Many thanks

Click the small down arrow to the right of the “Snap Type” buttons, then change the grid type to “Use Quantize”:

So i had this issue as well and what fixed it is right click above the grid where the bars should be and make sure its on bars+beats. Mine was on seconds and made it so that the grid type was greyed out. Now it works perfectly. For some reason it loaded up like that as a default. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hello…Is there an updated answer to this? I just got Cubase 11 and the menu’s are not the same anymore.

In Cubase 11 Pro, in the Drum List, go to the toolbar and there’s a symbol (-|+) that symbol is Grid Type. In default it is set to (Use snap from Drum Map) set it to (Use Quantize - if you want the grid to change resolution as you change quantize value) or (Adapt to Zoom - if you want the grid resolution to change as you manually zoom in and out).