Cubase Elements - Need help with simple setup

OK, so I’ve been playing around with and getting used to Cubase Elements on and off for a few weeks now, but I can’t seem to get the “basic” setup working like I had when I was using Cubase LE. The list below how I’d like and had my Inputs to record with LE, and assuming everything is out “Stereo Output”. I don’t think the interface matters, but I’m using a Presonus Firepod since I actually got it working, but I also have a Focusrite Safire Pro 40, but its been a REAL PAIN to get working and I HATE that stupid Safire Mix Control interface you have to use, and I’ve heard it doesn’t work with or like Windows 10. Also note that I’m just using this to record my own music and possible for lessons that I might record. I’ll probably only use 1/10th of what this software is capable of. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Here’s how I’d like to set up my channels to record. I run my guitar through a CARVIN Quad-X preamp, MIDI through a Digitech Studio Quad, the Quad-X that has two Low-Z outputs for recording in stereo.

Channel 1 - Drums Left
Channel 2 - Drums Right
Channel 3 - Rhythm Guitar - CARVIN Quad-X stereo Left
Channel 4 - Rhythm Guitar -CARVIN Quad-X Stereo Right
Channel 5 - Lead Guitar - CARVIN Quad-X stereo Left
Channel 6 - Lead Guitar - CARVIN Quad-X Stereo Right
Channel 7 - Bass Guitar - Mono in but able to pan L&R
Channel 8 - MIC in - and be able to pan L&R

I’m not sure if you can have a mono “Input” and still be able to pan it in the Mix?

Hi,

Yes, you can have a Mono input and Pan it in the Mix, if it’s routed to a stereo (or more channels) out.