Cubase EQ

Hi All,
When you open the channel edit screen, you see the main equalizer which is a 4 band.
If you open the insert choices, there’s more EQs. There is one called “Frequency” which is an 8 band.
My question is, can you somehow make that 8 band the default EQ when you open the page or does that have to stay as an insert choice?
Thanks for your thoughts!

Will

Stays at an insert. I would guess Frequency takes ssubstantially more processing than the standard EQ.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I would venture to say that it would take the same processing power as an insert.
It would have been a nice feature to have them interchangeable. I do a lot of sound shaping and 8 bands are a good bit more convenient. :slight_smile:

You can do that a pre-set and use that pre-set when you create new channel.

Yes I could. I’m thinking that just bringing the EQ up as an insert is only 2 clicks away so probably the same deviation.

Hmm. As I remember it there was a way to create tracks with selection of pre-set and there was default pre-set. But I cant see that in cubase now. Probably some other DAW then.

I make templates of projects which could have that preset. All the VST Instruments have presets so maybe there’s a way to do that with the inserts.

This would be an awesome feature : being able to create a “Default” channel strip/set of plugins (3rd party included) that auto loads whenever you create a track.

You can do this with track presets.
I use this feature a lot.

You have to load the pre-set after it is created? I would like to have it as an option when create a track. A default with maybe only a low-cut. Or a vocal preset with a favorite plugins, or a guitar pre-set. Or a FX-track with a EQ-delay-reverb thing…

You can do this with track presets.
I use this feature a lot.

You have to load the pre-set after it is created? I would like to have it as an option when create a track. A default with maybe only a low-cut. Or a vocal preset with a favorite plugins, or a guitar pre-set. Or a FX-track with a EQ-delay-reverb thing…

Yes !

The point is having a user created, default channel strip that is auto-loaded after a track or VSTi is created. Something that can be saved as a preference possibly.

It usually works for me to have most of the aforementioned already set up in a song template. I have 4 templates that usually cover different song profiles that I use. The tracks are already set up with the inserts I need.
If I need more duplicate tracks, I can just make them with one click.

The one thing that I was hoping is that the 8 band Frequency EQ insert could replace the default 4 band EQ.
I could have the Frequency EQ already in the insert but I still have to open it and it also occupies extra space wherein the default 4 band EQ has its own docking place. I wish they could be interchanged.