Cubase essential 5 update

I purchased this online, I followed the instructions but it keeps saying the license isnt working… It has become very frustrating how hard it is to make it work. I may have made a mistake, I dont know, all i know is, i paid $99 for a product that doesnt even work and there seems to be a real lack of support… I am not happy at all.

You purchased what online and where from? Did you buy a download version or a boxed version? Was it an update from Cubase Essential 5 to something else, or an update from something else to Cubase Essential 5 ? If the latter, you´ll need a USB key to run it, do you have one? Whom did you contact for support, and where are you located? What keeps saying the license isn´t working? Not really a lot of useful information you are providing here…

I bought Cubase essential 5 update for $99 from the steinberg online shop direct. I have followed the instructions on downloading the elicenser and getting a product key etc. however when i open cubase it says there is no valid lic. I am thinking that the version of cubase i purchased is an update from an earlier version (which i dont have). I have contacted steinberg support for help but to no avail. they didnt answer my questions and asked me to speak to another department, which i did, but it leads me back to where i was in the first place. I am from australia, i will try contacting my local dealer here and see if i can get any answers.

Hi Cunit,

could you solve your problem or do you still require some help? Just let me know and I see how we can solve this problem.

Thanks.

Melanie Becker
Export Channel Manager

Hi, I am still unable to solve my problem, it seems every avenue of support i try leads to a dead end…

What platform? If Windows XP, you need .NET3.5 for the eLicenser to work.

Hi Cunit,

I am usually a sales person but since my responsibility is also Australia, I am trying to help you out :slight_smile:

I think that you downloaded the Cubase Essential update from Cubase Essential 4, Cubase SE3, Studi Case II
(not from Cubase LE 5/4, Cubase AI 5/4). You cannot use this product as an upgrade from LE/AI versions. Since you posted in the AI/LE section I assume this is what you own. You should have bought the Cubase Essential 5 full version.

Could you please contact me at m.becker(at)steinberg.de to discuss this issue further?

Thank you.

Melanie Becker
Export Channel Manager