Cubase file management

I’m sure I can’t be the only user who has trouble with missing audio files from time to time after folders are moved. It would be wonderful if Cubase employed a similar method to Native Instruments for finding missing files, ie. the operating system’s file index (Spotlight on Mac). This finds files instantaneously, rather than having to use Cubase’s archaic ‘Locate Folder’ option, which can take some time if many files are missing.

Little improvements like this would be a huge time saver.

Wondering why you are missing audio files from time to time? Maybe we can help with that versus waiting for an improvement that may never be incorporated. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

The guys I work with often have problems with missing files that are finally located in the Audio and Edits folders of unrelated projects. The key here is to be careful how you create your project - create a folder first and save your new project there and don’t move it around!

I know I SHOULD archive each project properly, but occasionally I don’t! But it shouldn’t be such a ball ache to relocate them! Even moving a project folder from desktop to Dropbox breaks links, especially with Sampler track data.