Cubase GUI freezes

Having the same issue with my Mac Pro opened a ticked A MONTH ago and haven’t had any feedback from Steinberg. This is by far the worst customer experience I ever had with a vendor

So it’s July 2021. The problems is still happening. Below are my computer specs.

Sadly, Steinberg hasn’t offered any advice on this thread. When Cubase works, I love it, but when it doesn’t I’m hosed. The problem is it’s been around so long that it has grown to become a beast. Taming the beast is fast becoming out of control. I’m spending more time resolving technical issues and not creating new material. I hope someone addresses this problem, and perhaps some of the other issues that are out there. I really don’t want to start exploring other options.

Device name DESKTOP-HFBTKBA
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2286G CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)
Device ID 71366C4C-CAB0-46D9-9EB9-A3DFEC47C483
Product ID 00391-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2/‎12/‎2021
OS build 19042.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
1 Like

Experiencing severe GUI freezes almost every time I work in cubase. Music keeps playing, but my mouse and all the rest freezes for 2 seconds, then comes back, and so on… I do use some plugins sometimes but this can even happen with very few channels, and besides, we are supposed to use plugins, right?!
Cubase version is 10.5.12. My computer has 32GB RAM and over 400GB available on the hard-disc. It is a Dell laptop, connected with HDMI cable to a separate monitor. Could it be some graphical issue only?
It’s very annoying, and I don’t know if it’s the DAW or something in my computer. I was hoping to find out some clue about why it happens and got in here.

Update in Dec. 2023:

I still experience these severe freezes in CPro12 on a recent PC w/ Win11 with all drivers up to date, a freshly installed OS and no additional software. Only Windows, graphics/audio drivers and Cubase installed. Instead of working these GUI issues, they presented us with a completely new and disgusting surface on C13. Congratulations, Steinberg! You finally made me want to switch to another DAW. This company won’t see any more of my hard earned money.