Cubase hangs during startup

For the last days I can’t open Cubase. It hangs during startup at “Intializing Audio Alignment”, after that nothing happens and the Windows task manager says “does not answer”. I don’t know if that’s the right term in the english version of Windows, my Windows is in swedish and “does not answer” is a translation. Now I have been waiting for about an hour and I have the same startup screen.

I haven’t made any changes to the system before this happend for the first time, no new hardware and no new software. All my stuff have worked fine together with Cubase and then suddenly this happens from one time to another. No other software acts the same way, I’m running Adobe Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and Audition) in the same machine without any problem and I have done so for the last year.

Yesterday I even reinstalled my system from scratch, but I still have this issue. When I did the new installation I changed my system drive from a 120 Gb SSD drive to a 1 Tb Sata drive, that’s the only change in my system.

I am running Cubase 10.0.20 on a Windows 10 machine with all the latest Windows updates.