Cubase hangs on startup - Initializing: Mackie HUI

Sometimes it sits on this for a few minutes. Other times, not at all. I use the Mackie HUI for a PreSonus FaderPort (MkI). Any thoughts?

Hi,

Could you try to use Microsoft ProcDump utility, if DMP file would be created, please?

Hi Martin, I’m not familiar with this app. Just did a quick search - is it something I need to run in the background while starting, and you want me to post the generated report?

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not Windows user and also not really familiar with this utility. I just know, this is the way, how to get a DMP file, if application hangs on Windows.

There are some nice YouTube videos.

So the problem seemed to go away for awhile, but now it’s back. Here’s a link to a DMP file:

In the meantime, I’ve found that if I force quit via the task manager when it’s hanging, then unplug and re-plug in the USB cable from the back of the FaderPort, I am then able to start Cubase without issue, and it will recognize the FaderPort. I suppose I can get by doing it this way, but any help for a more permanent fix would be most appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry for my delay. As far as I can see, the crash is on Windows MIDI driver.

Could you try to reinstall the driver, please?

Hi,

Could you try to activate DirectMusic Port Usage (Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI-Settings > “Use Direct Music” in Cubase, please?