Cubase : how to modify the tempo of a cue without moving the others cues on a film ?

This is a weak point in Cubase. I have found a sort of workaround using Track Versions – it might be worth the time investment to try out. In short, I use 1 track version ID for each cue, with all the tracks, tempo, sig, chord included.

1. Set all the tracks used for all the cues to the same track version ID (Assign Common Version ID), then move each cue into its own track version.

2. To work on individual cues, navigate between versions using the commands, _Select tracks with Same Version I_D, followed by Next or Previous Track Versions, or by clicking on the Track Version name in the inspector’s Track Version tab.

3. Add an audio track set to Time Linear (I’ll name it “rendered cues”) that does not have versions, and render-in-place your cues as you go along, moving the renders to the rendered cues track. This permits you view the film continuously with all the sound and music, but your cue edits are safe, and ready to edit, and tempo changes will not interfere with each other, since they are in separate versions.