Cubase iC Pro Compatibility Issue with latest iOS v11.3.1 and Cubase 9.5.30

Having no luck running Cubase iC pro on my iPad pro 10.5 with Windows. Ever since the recent iOS update (ver. 11.3.1) I can longer get the application to connect to Cubase Pro 9.5.

In the past, I have used Cubase iC pro during countless recording sessions with the Windows version of Cubase 9.5 Pro. On my Apple Tablet, I now get the message: “The operation couldn’t be completed. Network is down”

My setup includes Windows 10 Professional, Asus Zephyrus Laptop,
I am familiar setting up an ad-hoc network on Windows 10 Pro. I have tested 2 wireless network cards that support hosted network and I can’t get either them to work now.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem.

I went ahead and ran a previous version of Cubase and Cubase iC Pro under latest Apple iOS v.11.3.1 works great with Cubase v9.0.30.

Then tested Cubase iC Pro with latest Cubase v.9.5.30, and it is not compatible with iOS v.11.3.1.

I do hope there will be a fix either with Cubase 9.5 or the Cubase IC Pro to fix the compatibility issue.

I’m forced to revert back to Cubase 9 just so I can use Cubase iC Pro

UPDATE (05-25-18)

What to expect when running Cubase 9 with Cubase iC Pro (iOS v11.3.1)

Cubase iC Pro running on iOS v.11.3.1 is compatible with the following version(s) that I have tested:

(1) Cubase 9.0.30 (Windows)
(2) Cubase 9.5.0 (Windows)

Cubase iC Pro will not work with the following version(s):

(1) Cubase v.9.5.30 (Windows)

Therefore, I would not recommend updating Cubase v.9.5.30 if you plan on using it with Cubase iC Pro.

Im having the same issue with a Win 10 machine (even with firewall turned off as was suggested to try elsewhere)… ive had to revert to Cubase 9.0 for tracking live drums to use the icpro app which is a pain.

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply.
Our quality assurance gave the issue a successful test, given the following environment:

• iPad Pro 10.5"/iOS 11.4
  • Windows 10 Pro Redstone 1709 (Build 16299)
  • Cubase Pro 9.5.21
  • Cubase Pro 9.5.30 Build 192

If Cubase iC Pro did not find the computer, you may enter its IP manually via the appropriate dialogue.
The computer’s IP address can be found in Cubase’s studio setup/Steinberg SKI Remote dialogue.

Similar tests on Mac OS brought the same positive results.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Thanks so much for the reply. I was hesitant to update to the latest iOS (v11.4) on my ipad pro 10.5, fearing it won’t work with Cubase Pro v.9.5.0.

The latest iOS update does fix the compatibility issue with Cubase Pro v9.5.30. I am very pleased to know that I can use iC Pro with the most recent update of Cubase.

Thanks for your feedback, xciter.
We’re glad to hear that Cubase iC Pro works as expected with Cubase Pro 9.5.30 at your end.

Best,
Lars